Sentry?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, May 4, 2010.

1. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

I just read his Wikipedia page. Usually they can keep a boring character sound interesting to a certain degree, but they can't do that with the Sentry. I'd rather see a movie about Color Kid.

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ So was the way they resolved the whole Marvel Zombies thing (which Sentry, or at least one version of him, was responsible for):

In the first MZ series, we learn that Earth-2149 was infected when an alternate Sentry, already zombified, arrived from another universe. In MZ 2, we learn that this Sentry came from "Earth-Z", which is actually where the surviving zombies of Earth-2149 end up. So it's an absolutely closed loop, created to stop the zombie virus from ever escaping beyond the universes of Earths 2149 and Z. Because for some reason the virus itself cannot be destroyed outright.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  3. Silent_Bob

Silent_Bob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well i guess we've finally figured it out. I am the only person who likes Sentry. I apologise profusely for them continuing to include him apparently for only my enjoyment.

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    Go to the Marvel Comics message boards, you'll find a few in the "I like Sentry" club as well.

I think their boards are still down for maintenance though, been down since Monday.

5. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked the Sentry when it was still possible he was just a drunk.

6. Gojirob

Gojirob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Part of me can't help but think back to DC's Triumph, whose 're-intro' never really took, and then was disposed of by one of the Spectre's vengeance judgments when he didn't re-assume 'his rightful place' and turned evil.

The Sentry's twist by itself would have a hard time supporting a movie---savvy goers would cipher it out before too long--those who hadn't already read the comic. It was kind of neat reading about the MU with him in it--the Avengers had the edge they needed to stay on top, the FF had a pal who could help them get along, and Peter Parker and Bruce Banner had markedly better lives. It was kind of like seeing the embodied debate in Avengers/JLA about the differences between the two worlds.

7. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Sentry is a one note practical joke that Marvel just won't admit was over a long, long time ago.

8. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think there is a lot of potential in doing a story about an incredibly powerful character who is still plagued by self-doubt, anxiety, and ambivalence over the idea of being a super-hero.

9. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

You mean Spider- ... Oh. Never mind.

10. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

actually I made a mistake, it wasn't MZ 2 which wraps up the whole thing, it was Marvel Zombies Return. My bad. :alienblush: