50TH Anniversary rumor

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by timelord1010, Jul 10, 2012.

1. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    It's my personal belief that both Tom Baker & Matt Smith are genuine space aliens who coincidentally happened to be cast as a famous space alien on TV. However, I'd bet they're probably from different planets.

2. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

Have you watched Doctor Who?

3. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

I've been watching Doctor Who for more than 30 years and I know more about Tom Baker than you might think.

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

This is more than your personal belief. This is a fact. ;)

5. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

I don't care. The actor's life doesn't define the Doctor. His acting does. And Smith's feel much more real, more natural than Tom Baker's.

6. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Tom Baker always claimed that the role of the Doctor wasn't an acting role. He's still able to play the Doctor and he's still doing in the audio stories. Playing the Doctor is natural for him.

7. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Tom Baker's character of Donald was about one step removed from the Doctor in how he played that character's many eccentricities. He's much what you might have gotten had Baker been playing the grounded Doctor of Pertwee's years.

8. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really hope Tom does not return, as much as I liked his role, he's simply too old. Unless he puts on a wig and loses weight of course, they might pull it off then. I don't want that whole "ageing" crap we got when Davidson returned. Also, a pre unearthly child 1st doctor would be very interesting, although I'd feel cheated because only three of the actual actors would return.

I know for a fact Tennant and Mcgann will return (Smith will automaticly be in it), I highly doubt Ecclesten will return, although it'd be nice to see him back. Personaly, the only other fourth doctor I could see returning is Silvester Mcoy, He's not too old yet, it's a good thing he was getting on a bit when he played the role, and he was really getting on the the 1996 film. Plus Mcoy is probably the most enthusiastic actor to return, apart from Collin, but he's never comming back, he's fat and colour blind. If we can't get any of the others, then yes, a pre uneathly child 1st doctor is likely to return.

As for the ice wariors, it'd be really nice to see them back, but I'd have liked to see them back earlyer. It also wouldn't feel right to have a 50th anniversary special without daleks, but they'd have apeard recently, and we sure as hell are having no more of those god awfull Moffat cameo momments. Maybe the Master would be good, but he also appeared in the five doctors. Maybe him working with the ice warriors, just to get the Pertwee nostalgia going which made the show through the early seventies. I'd like to see Simms back, maybe with a little beard this time. But then again, he may need to regenerate, I presume Moffat won't dig skull master again (which I loved though).

Even though Moffat has made a really bad job with series 6, I have high hopes for this 50th anniversary special as he is capable of making some really good episodes. Even though it's a long shot, I'd really like RTD to help Moffat with the script. The two together are just plain great, but Moffat on his own usualy sucks donkey balls.

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Seriously? "That whole Peter Davison Aging Crap"? Why does it matter? He was instantly recognizable, so, his hair part is a little thinner, not a big deal?

I even watched a Fan Edit version on YouTube, that spliced it into Time Flight, and it wasn't jarring at all for me? I rationalize the aging for the Multi-Doctor "Team Up" Specials in my own mind, that once regenerated, the previous Doctor lives on in an alternate Time Line, while the newly Regenerated Doctor takes over the Prime Timeline, this also explains for me how multiple Doctors are available all at once to be available for the "team up"

I can't fathom how the slight change in Davison's appearance after all these years could produce such a strong negative reaction?

10. Captaindemotion

On the one hand, he says he'd feel cheated because only three of the actual actors would return (I assume he means 'appear' rather than return - he only names Smith, Tennant and McGann as being definites) but on the other hand, he dismisses the return of several of the original actors on the basis of 'the ageing crap.'

I'm also curious as to how anyone other than members of the DW production crew can 'know for a fact' that Tennant and McGann will be in the special.

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Funny you should say that, since it is a confirmed fact that Moffat was one of the few writers whose scripts RTD never supervised. Moffat just wrote the script, handed in to RTD who had it printed and handed to the actors. So even duirng the RTD era, Moffat was essentially "on his own."

12. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think with a bit of creative writing they could bring some of the older Doctors like Tom or Colin back. For example, having Eleven stumble across an abandoned laboratory containing clones of his past selves, which have his memories and personalities, but which like the one created from Ten's hand, age at the same rate as humans.

13. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

The Time Crash explanation works for any confrontation with older Doctors, no further bits of creative writing needed.

14. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Agreed.

Case closed.

Mr Awe

15. Green Lantern

He was also wrinklled, but atleast he's kept in shape. Most of the others have put on to much weight. Personaly, I liked time crash, just didn't like the age thing. Plus Davidson is my least favourate doctor.
    Smith, Tennant, and Mcgaun are definately going to be there. Tennant was one of the most famous doctors ever and loved playing him plus he's still young, so he'd be up for it, and I've already seen designs for Mcgauns new sonic screw driver. I'm sure he'll be in it (plus Smith's the current doctor, so he's in). The only other doctor who have not ages too much since their last time on screen are Ecclesten and mcoy, ecclesten didn't get on with the people at the BBC, so he's out, where as Mcoy is really enfusiastic about the show, so i think he's the fourth doctor. Then again, who said anything about four, maybe it will just be three of them there, are they'll do to Ecclesten what they did to Baker in the five doctors, so they can name it the four doctors. If there really needs to be four doctors, and ecclesten or mcoy can't do the job, I think the pre Earthly child 1st doctor will be the fourth actor. Even if Collin was still young, I couldn't imagine them using him, he was fired and his coat is too colourfull, it'd make the whole thing look odd (I don't have a problem with the coat, but I'm sure they wouldn't use it.) Also heard that they're redesigning Pauls costume. But I'd hate to see Baker in it, he's aged to badly. Out of Baker. Davidson, and C. Baker, I'd go for Davidson due to him againg better, but still not his biggest fan. Also just thought of somthing. If they did use Baker or pre unearthly child 1st doctor, it wouldn't make sense having the 11th, 10th, 8th, and 1st or 4th. It's completely random. I wish Eccleston would do it and make the whole thing make sense, but due to his problem with the BBC (he left because of the people at the BBC and dr who), he aint comming back. My realistic hope is Mcoy.
    Yes, but you can see the odvious differences between RTD era Moffat episodes and Moffat era Moffat episodes.
    I think the clone thing will be how they bring various doctors back, but answer me this. If they simply clonned them, why would they have to be older than their prime? After all, it'd be nothing to do with time or anything. Just coppys.

16. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Give it a rest, you don't know any more than the rest of us do, which is nothing.

Mr Awe

17. Bacl

Bacl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You don't even know what the word 'fact' means.

18. Green Lantern

Well Smiths the main doctor now, so he'll be in it for sure. Ok, if you don't think Pual and David will return, who else is there? Ecclesten will not return, that's fairly odvious (there may be hope, but I highly doubt it). Mcoy could come back. Apart from that, it's only Pual and David who have not aged to badly. They may add davidson, I hope against it and doubt it though.

Also, I have a feeling John Barrowman will return, he may not, but seeing he's become a big part of the modern doctor who mythos, I think he'll return.

19. Captaindemotion

^No-one has actually said that they don't think any of these actors will or won't return. We simply don't think it's a fact that they will return.

No-one can be so certain about something which is dependent on so many factors - story, salary, timing, availability, willingness, size of their role, etc.

Yes, I personally think it's likely that Tennant and McGann will return, I think it's unlikely that Eccleston will be in it and I think it's possible that the surviving Doctors from the original show (Tom, Peter, Colin and David) will make an appearance. But believing so, even if it's based on firm evidence, is a long way away from knowing so as a fact.

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I just watched Time Crash again, and I'm not seeing all these wrinkles you're talking about. His face is a bit fuller, and hair is a bit thinner, but, little change other than that. Where are you getting all these wrinkles from? It's been 28 years since Davison was the Doctor and he's barely changed, you will be very lucky to change so little in the next 28 years

Also, multiple Doctors and Companions are only Fan Guesses/hopes. There is no confirmation of this. There may not be any returning Doctors or Companions.