The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

2. M-Red

M-Red Commander Red Shirt

For sure! Leto would have been ideal...or Depp...or a few others....

I do really enjoy the new franchise though. Somehow I get a feeling that the creators/actors don't. It seems there's a real push by Nolan and co. to make this the final, no-questions-asked end to the series. They want it to end.

That's worrisome, and the rejection of the Riddler reinforces my fear that they're not striving to out-do the last installment.

After seeing the last one, I immediately knew the third film would need to be epic. A great story with a classic villain. Bane might be a comic book favorite, but he isn't that. It's a classic set-up for disappointment.

Again though, I hope I'm wrong. I'll go in with an open mind and I really want it to be awesome. I love Batman and Nolan has been great. Still though, I'm worried.....

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Actually Nolan was hesitant to even do a third film due to thinking he wouldn't be able to top "The Dark Knight". It wasn't really until he was working on "Inception" that he finally decided to make the movie. Also of course they want to end the trilogy. It has a definitive beginning, middle, and now it will have an ending. Everyone who has talked about the project so far that worked on it has said how impressive and "mind blowing" it is. So I'm not worried at all.

4. M-Red

Thank you. That's good to hear. I'm definitely rooting for them.

After enjoying the first two so much, I feel sort of ungrateful for doubting the third so openly. But, as you say, TDK was so good, I thought it almost needed the Riddler to have a chance.

And then I thought the Riddler would be perfect for Nolan's take on Gotham. Just disappointed in the choice.

Hell, I was even stoked for Batman&Robin before it first debuted (:guffaw:) so I'm not going to judge this prematurely. But I'll still always wish I got to see Nolan's take on the Riddler....

5. Admiral_Young

To be honest, I think most fans were expecting we would see the Riddler and were surprised that he wasn't used. There have been a lot of awesome fan made posters depicting various takes on the Riddler. There is one I really like which suggested Guy Pearce as Nygma. :)

6. M-Red

^ I really enjoyed the Riddler fan art too!

It seems like it was what the fanbase wanted to see. Like I said, hopefully Nolan will prove my worries to be unfounded. And I'll happily eat crow if/when he does.

But the fact that this is the third and final film, and we don't get to see his take on Nygma...well, it's just disappointing. That won't stop me from being in the theater on opening day though (or buying the DVD), which is, I'm sure, all the suits really care about anyway.

7. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Nygma please.

8. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I hear Greg Cox is writing The Dark Knight Rises novelization. You lucky son of a bitch.

9. Admiral_Young

Congratulations Greg!! Very excited that we're getting the novelization. That was really the last it of news from the movie I was waiting for.

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Kudos to Greg!!!

11. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Thanks, everybody!

And that's ALL I can say about it.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Are we sure it's not actually the other way around? Maybe Christopher Nolan is making a movie adaptation of Greg's Batman novel! :shifty:

But seriously, congrats Greg. :techman:

13. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

That’s what you say now. A little waterboarding will change that.

14. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Hookers and blow first. Then if that doesn't work, waterboard.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Greg, I guess I should apologize for posting about the novelization in the TrekLit forum and putting a target on your back. Please don't hold me responsible for any torture that occurs.:crazy:

16. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

17. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Nice pic. I just wish the Bat insignia on his chest was jet-black. Other than that I do like the costume.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like that alot.

19. Admiral_Young

20. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination