CBS Renews Person of Interest, NCIS, Five-0, Good Wife and 11 More Sho

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Enterprise is Great, May 11, 2015.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

tvline.com

Whew. I was worried about Person of Interest so I can now breath a sigh of relief. After that season finale I would've been pissed if it didn't come back. Deadline says that the fifth season may be the last.

2. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: CBS Renews Person of Interest, NCIS, Five-0, Good Wife and 11 More

Assuming there's no shutdown (strike or whatever), NCIS will join the 300 club next year. What's remarkable about it is how little cast turnover it's had.

Ignoring the changes between the JAG pilot and the series pilot, Alexander is the only one from the initial cast not still with the show. I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure Dale was never a main cast member (And I don't think Morrow ever showed up much.) And, while Murray technically wasn't, McGee was around early and often enough that he may has well been.

Compared to the other long running procedural dramas (CSI, the L&Os, ER, etc.) it's pretty low.

And the entire cast is signed for next year, and most are signed through a would-be 14th.

3. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

With the renewal of Good Wife and PoI, all of the shows I was concerned about are no longer in danger of cancellation.

A nice relief.:)

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I was starting to wonder if they're losing confidence in Amazing Race after its death slot move. But I guess it is still incredibly cheap to produce.

5. lizlovestrek

lizlovestrek Lieutenant Red Shirt

Happy about NCIS, I've loved it since it first aired and haven't missed an ep yet. :)

6. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still miss Ziva.

7. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like Bishop more, due in part to my intense crush on Wickersham, I'm sure. But I like how Bishop is more cerebral and methodical. She's also got that whole quirky thing going for her. I may like her more than Kate even. I haven't decided yet.

Ziva was just your generic action gal with a gun. There was never a lot going on there. And the "has trouble with American slang/idiom" thing got absurd to the point that it was just annoying.

8. Enterprise is Great

9. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Well, they're making an educated guess based on past CBS shows in similar situations, but it's not finalized.

I hope it's not the last season, because I doubt a certain character will be able to come back in any significant way in that timeframe, which will be a bummer.

I don't mind the 13-episode order so much, if they use it as an opportunity to trim the fat and really focus on the primary story arc instead of the filler PoI of the week episodes. They should still rescue PoI's, mind you, it's just that given the stakes involved, the stories should mostly center around fighting Samaritan.

10. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

Season 5 of "Person of Interest" moved to mid season.

Most likely it is being used as mid season filler, like how the final season of The Mentalist was done earlier this year. (Both are Warner shows).

11. Enterprise is Great

12. Orac Zen

Orac Zen Mischief Manager Super Moderator

This past season of The Good Wife was (IMO, anyway) a mess. It's good to see it's been renewed but hopefully it will return to (quite stellar) season 5-type form.

13. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

The quotes ^ from Nina Tassler reads like a generic "diplomatic" corporate-speak type of response.

But with that being said, is "Person of Interest" only being kept around because of Tassler making the final decisions? (Tassler is the chairperson of CBS Entertainment since 2014).

http://www.adweek.com/news/television/nina-tassler-upped-chairman-cbs-entertainment-155844
    http://deadline.com/2014/02/cbs-nin...hairman-extends-contract-through-2017-686451/

In the above articles ^ about Tassler's promotion in 2014, it mentions her contract only extends to 2017. If she is gone by 2017 and/or if she becomes a "lame duck" before 2017, then will the next post-Tassler regime be willing to keep "Person of Interest" around? (ie. Will the next regime "clean house").

14. Kimi3013

Kimi3013 Captain Captain

I thought the entire reason for giving out a short final season was for shows to have a real ending. Netflix is paying more for shows that are complete and not just left hanging, as people don't watch shows that lack endings (especially when there's plenty of others to pick from).

Person of Interest fits this perfectly; a serialised show that's hard to jump into mid way, with ratings that are dropping. But it's a great show that people will be more than wiling to watch in full down the road.