How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 30, 2008.

1. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually, it seems to me that the train wreck that was 'Smallville' only proves my point

2. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I was mostly addressing your final statement, that "there isn't a lot to do anymore". If the producers wanted to, they could make How I Met Your Mother keep going until the year 2030, when the kids are actually as old as they look in the flash-forwards.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

In the final episode, they skip ahead another 30 years and they have the Lidsay and the kid from Wizards of Waverly Place in old people make up finishing telling the story to their combined children "And that's how Gramps met Grammy."

4. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well I'm glad stripper gal is gone. I'm surprised they haven't explicitly reminded the viewrs that Robin met her current boyfriend several times before, several years ago.

5. tighr

I'm sure it's coming up in a future episode. Since he survived the pre-nup episode, there's probably a Robin-centric episode coming up.

6. the G-man

...by which, I meant "there isn't a lot to do anymore that's worth watching."

7. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, I'm still enjoying the show and so is most of America, judging by the ratings. Next year is a given now if everyone signs back on for another year.

8. spinnerlys

spinnerlys Commander Red Shirt

from http://cheezburger.com/6631295488

9. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Well... Segel seems pretty fed up with the show so who knows.

However recently Patrick Dempsey / Dr. Sheppard from Greys Anatomy stated that he wanted to leave Grey's after 8 seasons but considered otherwise when he thought about having to look for work again... a well running show is a steady paycheck after all.

Some of the Mother cast may feel the same even if the show became stale.. work is work even if your heart is not in it anymore.

10. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Same reason some of the guys stuck with Scrubs during that Med School travesty.

11. the G-man

:lol:

12. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but all those "... and then you would have never been born." lines wouldn't make much sense.

13. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

That would be an awsome twist.

14. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thought I'd resurrect this thread just to say that this show is quickly going down hill. Last night's episode was horrible. I have no idea what the hell Marshall was doing, or why. And Victoria's demand on Ted was lifted right out of Friends, and it was a bad plot point even back then. Robin's boyfriend trying to come up with catch phrases was just stupid, and his Emeril reference was outdated five years ago.
    The part with Barney and the dog was pretty good, but that's it.
    I'm only watching this show out of habit now. They started running out of steam a couple of years ago and it's really showing this season.
    Introduce the mother and get this thing over with. Please!

15. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

^Agreed.

I wonder why they even had Ted and Victoria get back together, it was over so quickly there was hardly any point to it.

16. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Just one of the most recent examples of cash cow milking

Mother was awesome in the first few seasons but they missed the point to introduce the mother thinking apparently the show would tank.

I guess, if it is the final season (couldn't be bothered to research that), the show finale will have Barney and Robin's wedding, Ted meeting the Mother and then fade to black.. and many people shrugging shoulders, saying "Meh.." and continuing their lives (but still posting about how Meh they are about the show on various boards.. like me :lol:)

17. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

They can do a spin off with the mother.

How I Met Your Father

And Barney appears in it regularly banging the friends of the mother. :guffaw:

18. tighr

Ratings. Victoria is the most popular secondary character ever on the show. This is now the THIRD time they've brought her back (well, really second if you count the end of last season and the beginning of this season as a continuous guest appearance).

19. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Hm really? Didn't realise that. I liked the first time they started getting together and the whole going to Germany thing. I thought she was on the same level as Sarah Chalke and Jennifer Morrisson's characters.

20. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well this week's episode was better than most this season. Glad they got rid of Nick.