Expecting Trailer?/Super Bowl Trailer is Live Now [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Nero's Shadow, Feb 3, 2013.

1. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Again, agreed. It may not officially 'cliff-hang', (can you imaging the butthurt of that happening!) but repercussions will endure.

I know. When I say "Khan rehash" I mean 'anything to do with Khan'. You may be getting your wish.

As well as possible for our HDTV to present it, I suppose. It really flew by, not as much time to study the details as is possible with the internet version, which I've viewed multiple times now.

2. Lord Garth FOI

Lord Garth FOI Commander Red Shirt

1200 m we are going off your yummy size analysis as BBS canon
    And it looks like we're gonna get that refit I wanted for the next film:)

3. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Don't forget the Vulcan arrival scene in ST09, where the Enterprise nearly collided with a piece of a saucer that looked like it belonged to a starbase instead of a ship.

4. Lord Garth FOI

Yup I like our Connies Star Destroyer sized

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

No.

6. Lord Garth FOI

Da

7. los2188

los2188 Commander Red Shirt

Super Bowl....47.

I just noticed something regarding the Super Bowl and Into Darkness... It is Super Bowl 47 and we have a Trek trailer....funny coincidence. Yes, I know it has zero to do with it, and commercials during the Super Bowl is a big deal that any company would want to have. Just a fun observation. :)

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Prepare to be disappointed, then.

9. Lord Garth FOI

10. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Lieutenant Commander

Its looking more and more like they really are gonna detonate the fleet...

11. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Data: Ohhhhh shit!

Adios Enterprise!

12. Admiral Buzzkill

We'll revisit this on May 18th. :cool:

13. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You say that as though you are in the know.

14. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anybody else notice that the damage to the Enterprise saucer seems as if someone purposely tried to blow the ship’s name off the hull?

15. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't worry -- they'll find some sort of temporal anomaly that will send them back to a time before the Enterprise got damaged -- i.e., a "Reset Button" :devil:

16. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

True. Can't wait to see that onscreen.
    This is NOT grandpa's Star Trek, but it IS Star Trek. Fortunately, you still have TOS on VHS. The rest of us like that Star Trek is alive and evolving.
    =========================================
    If Earth does "fall", it would open up a chance to genuinely rebuild the world of Trek... and many new adventures for our favorite crew.

17. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe we won't have an Enterprise at all in the next film.

But this one looks in pretty rough shape to me to think it was salvaged, especially if it crash-landed on Earth. The way the smoke is billowing from it leads me to believe it's already in the atmosphere. (Link to two pictures of damaged E, below.)

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie...per-bowl-spot-sends-enterprise-234837239.html

18. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

I was thinking the same thing, it's a long shot, but could it be another ship? 1707?

My bet is that the ship falls into the atmosphere but regains control before she crashes.

#tinfoilhat #conspiracynut

19. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Kirk asks "Who are you?" which means it's not Gary, nor April and not any former crew member.

20. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nah, it's definitely the Enterprise. After watching and reviewing the full HD version, it is indeed the E.

[​IMG]

Here you can see what I mean though...it's like the name itself was targeted specifically. Whether it was by the attacker or just the SFX guys thinking it'd be cool is of course yet to be seen. Makes me wonder though if Harrison is indeed April, and April is indeed a former Enterprise captain...maybe he'd have reason to want the name scratched off the hull?

I also find it odd how the hull plates around the registry are so misaligned. I know they were going for the look of the ship really being made of different pieces but that's pretty drastic.

Could still be April, but not in a form by which Kirk recognizes him (i.e. much younger)