Does It Get Better???

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by AdmiralScreed, Dec 4, 2011.

1. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

Ah, okay. I completely misunderstood. And I thought by "hint, hint" you meant something else entirely, which I will not go into here. Thanks for clarifying.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah Wesley was so dark, suspenseful and threatening :lol:

3. AdmiralScreed

I thought Yar was just as uninteresting in Yesterday's Enterprise as she was in Season One. Skin of Evil should have been her last appearance on the show, IMO.
    And don't even get me started on Sela. I don't know who's idea it was to give Tasha a half-human and half-romulan daughter that looks EXACTLY like her mother. Did they seriously think that fans were going to buy it?

4. AdmiralScreed

And I'll go on record to say that I actually liked Wesley. Not one of the best Trek characters ever, sure, but he had some damn good episodes. The First Duty, Journey's End, and Where No One Has Gone Before to name a few. Plus I don't think Justice is as terrible as everyone claims.

5. teacake

I completely agree with AdmiralScreed on the Yar boredom.

But I do think if the character had ended up on DS9 as in Guy's fantasy she might have actually become interesting. She would have been older which would have helped and pairing her with Dax would have been fresh.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked it when that pig soldier stuck Wesley with a bayonette and then shook him above his head while he bled out.

IN the Collectible card game, they use a picture of that for a card called...

Wait a second.

[​IMG]

Wesley get's the point.

The kid was murdered.

Bev must have had him on some serious medication to stop him acting out, after an event as traumatizing as dying only to discover that there is no god and...

7. AdmiralScreed

Guy, please don't tell me you're a Wesley hater. Uh uh, sorry. We don't serve your kind here. ;)

8. teacake

I don't hate Wesley either, but it's not like the handful of Naomi episodes in VOY stand out. DS9 had Jake and Nog hijinks eps. The series with the least amount of children was Enterprise.

I like the Naomi interactions with 7. Naomi is a smart kid and she seems to appreciate 7's complete inability to treat her as a child.

9. teacake

AdmiralScreed speaking of disagreements I am having a heart attack over your blasphemous sig line!!!!!!!

10. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought Naomi Wildman was a fine kid character who added a lot to the stories she was in. I thought "Once Upon a Time" was fantastic.

11. AdmiralScreed

Sorry, but that's the way I roll. TNG is the #1 Trek show in my book, and Picard is my all time favorite television/movie character ever. Kirk and TOS? Well, just go look up an old thread in the general section called TOS: Overrated?, and that'll tell you everything you need to know about me and TOS.

And so far I haven't had any problems with Naomi. The only recurring child characters that I couldn't stand were Nog and Alexander, although at least Alexander got better as he got older. Nog, on the other hand, just turned into an unlikable, arrogant, and overly gung ho soldier.

12. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't like how he was socially awkward.

13. teacake

14. AdmiralScreed

I thought it was a character flaw that made him more relatable. Despite his superior intelligence he's still human. He isn't perfect, and he makes mistakes.

15. AdmiralScreed

Okay, I'll agree with you on that one. Couldn't stand weird-hair kid. :barf:

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was young enough when TNG aired that I could look up to Wesley as a role model, you know how it just wonderful how the teen makes the adults look like rubes. Good times.

It's the monkey sitting next to Picard I have a problem with.

I was old enough when Voyager started airing that I could see tiny children as adorable, like kittens riding skateboards.

besides, in Once Upon a Time, Naomi is only three years old.

That's a (*&^%ing hard core Three Year old.

"relatively" speaking.

Y'know, since when kes was three, she turned into a god in one timeline and had a baby with Tom in an other, and by the time time she was 4, Harry was her son in law.

17. teacake

I think Naomi is a great character and she is my favorite Trek kid. Very good actor, well written.

18. teacake

Sometimes I think I looooove everything in Trek just because compared to the one thing I truly hate, the monkey, everything looks pretty good.

19. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

I found Jake, Nog & Niomi more relatable.
    They weren't perfect people either but they were also more grounded.
    I found Wesley to be a stereotype of what folks think all tech-nerds are like. He acted like he was from "Leave it to Beaver" than what I expected from a child of the 24th century.

20. teacake

"Gosh Captain!"