Archer, T'Pol, or Trip?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Lucky, Aug 28, 2013.

?

Who is your favorite?

1. Archer

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. T'Pol

19 vote(s)
    32.2%
  3. Trip

33 vote(s)
    55.9%
  1. Serit

Serit Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

No, dear... Remember, it shouldn't have been the Xindi in the first place, but the Romulans, and the so-called 'war' should have been over in 8 eps (I'll give you 10, but it should have been over by mid-season.)

Remember, no Xindi, no MACOs; no MACOs, no Hayes; no Hayes, no problem!

The actor who played Hayes was rather wooden; he only acted to cause a (usually) negative reaction from LtCmdr Reed, and check the early episodes: Hayes and the MACOs were supposed to have been under LtCmdr Reed's direct command. I'm sorry, but if *I* had a subordinate officer behaving like Hayes, he'd be charged with insubordination in a heartbeat--and, if I'm not mistaken, insubordination during wartime is considered sedition at least, or treason at worst. And yes, Malcolm Reed was supposed to have been a LtCmdr, and his rank was changed less than eight weeks before filming started (or that is the rumor on some boards).

Anyway, you should know better than to say such incendiary things to me! You know I'm Malcolm's cheerleader! Read my sig, Yanks, and then read it again!

I probably should add:

Frodo lives! Spock lives! Trip lives! Malcolm gets promoted! :adore: :adore:

2. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Another vote for Trip, for all of the reasons already listed. I kind of want to just write "ditto" under Bry Sinclair's post on the first page!

3. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

This coming from someone that attacks my girl?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Malcolm is a fantastic character, all that repressed seething..

::fans self::

And Hayes should never have died, those sucks. It should have been Hayes and Malcolm trapped in the freezing shuttle!!

[​IMG]

:adore:

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh come on... everyone knew his full name was Major Redshirt "Deadman" Hayes from day one. Or if you didn't, you were deceiving yourself. ;)

6. teacake

I didn't know it.. do you think it was because he was too beautiful to live?

7. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

A Reed/Hayes relationship would have been good to see, it was about time Trek had a same-sex couple, plus the fact it was the security chief/marine commander would've been good to see as well (two very "manly" jobs being filled by gay/bi men). It also would've done something more with Reed's character rather than be the stiff-upper-lipped-Brit.

8. R. Star

I dunno, Trek can barely manage a convincing couple with two straight people and I think the absolute worst thing they can do is just have a token gay couple for the sake of having one and showing how politically correct their show is. If there's a good character arc and development that would be different.

9. Halmirdax

Halmirdax Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'd agree that Malcolm Reed was quite a fascinating character, but of these 3 I voted for T'pol. Trip wasn't as memorable.

10. teacake

I'm pretty sure it would have been even more lame-o than Trek's het couples. BUT you know, I just want them to stand real close to each other and exchange glances, that would make me very happy.

11. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

From reading the comments it looks like Reed would be in at least third place in this poll ahead of Archer.

12. Chensams

Chensams Vice Admiral Admiral

I said Archer but I haven't watched it since it's original run. I'm currently watching Quantum Leap with the wife so that may be coloring my judgement a little.

13. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I refusenik to vote as I love all of them :adore:

(but it's T'Pol :))

14. MrPointy

MrPointy Captain Captain

fuck T'Pol
    marry Trip
    kill Archer

15. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

And not necessarily in that order. :lol:

16. teacake

I don't like this talk of killing. Can't we just sell him to the Orions?

17. R. Star

We tried. They refused.

18. jedbates

jedbates Ensign Newbie

Didn't care much for Archer, I related to the Tripp character( I even know first hand what quality cat fish is like and its addiction) But even with the not so great acting at times Tpols story, self searching, growing of ones self did it for me. Not just the hot factor. So don't go there.

19. teacake

Reed Reed Reed.. not in the poll but still Reed Reed Reed gets mentioned. Well. Time for THE HOTTEST MAN on ENT also not in the poll.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I didn't watch Enterprise closely enough during its original run, thanks to Smallville. But now that I'm watching the series online (yay, Amazon Prime), I'm enjoying it. And I like Archer. He doesn't have the same guidance that his successors as captains of the Enterprise later have. It makes him interesting.
    Trip is the one that makes me laugh the most. He seems like a fun guy to get to know, as does Archer, but maybe Trip's a little more fun. :)
    T'Pol... I like her, but she can be a real pain in the posterior.