What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I got Modern Warfare 2 today, so I spent a couple of hours playing the SP campaign.

2. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Finished it today. What a ride! :techman:

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Was that only just released in Europe or something? :wtf:

And I agree, I enjoyed the SP quite a bit, even if it was pretty short. A lot of people complain about the convoluted story, but I didn't have a problem following it.

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Nah, I just recently got it as a birthday gift from a buddy of mine. (I was boykotting it at launch, but I don't want to talk about the reason - I mean, Bobby Kotick right now :lol:;))
    Agreed. Also, it's not like the story is that important in the MW series, it's mainly an excuse to provide jaw-dropping visuals and stuff getting blown up real good :techman:

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Nah, I just waited until the price dropped so I could get it half-off. I'm not paying full price for a 6-hour SP campaign. And I don't plan to play the MP. I might check out the co-op missions though.

6. ginyjhon

ginyjhon Guest

Currently I am playing Twilight Princess and silent hill....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2010
  7. ginyjhon

ginyjhon Guest

Currently I am playing Twilight Princess and silent hill....

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I started Saint's Row 2 this morning. It's so over the top and fun. Lovin' it.

9. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

That and its predecessor, taken together, are easily my favourite 360 game... How can you not love Johnny Gat? (and it's amazing to think he's Jin on Lost)

I may be unusual in tailoring the character to look like the actual me- it makes the cut-scenes a lot funnier, in my wife's opinion especially.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah I definitely had more fun with Saints Row 1 than GTA4. Obviously GTA is vastly superior in graphics and story and detail and everything... but the controls were so clunky, the missions were too hard, the checkpoints too unforgiving... I love the sense of humor of Saint's Row, it's like a parody of GTA.

11. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I am going through a few games now; Star Trek Online, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Batman Arkham Asylum. Haven't played the last two in a while (years for SMB 3) and they were due for a playthrough.

12. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

I've just started Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (it came with the Xbox I bought to replace the old one). It's actually pretty good, from what I've played so far. A lot of humor, and full of 4th-wall breaking.

I had tried Viva Pinata before that (it also came with the Xbox), but I gave up on it after playing it a bit. It's just not my thing.

Did you keep the game on for the credits? That song is just awesome. Kinda like the game itself. ;)

I get ya. If you are mostly just used to the Halo games it's quite understandable that you'd get frustrated with HL2. I admit the vagueness of what you are supposed to do irked me a bit when I first played it. It's not for everyone, I suppose.

13. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I wouldn't say parody so much as just the lighter side- GTA is too up itself to be really escapist, while SR is fun for unwinding - they sort of complement each other, I think.

I actually didn't expect to like SR1 (preferring FPS and racers) until my wife gave me it for Xmas one year (and then SR2 for Xmas the following year - it's annoying that I won't see SR3 until next year!)

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I tried to play Saints Row two for a couple days, the second time around playing co-op with BigFoot. But it just felt like a poor man's Grand Theft Auto. And I'm not a big fan of the GTA character mechanics either. Maybe Uncharted 2 just spoiled me.

15. Lor'Vela

Lor'Vela Captain Captain

Star Trek: A Final Unity.

Honestly, this has got to be one of the best and most authentic Star Trek games ever produced. It's a real Star Trek experience that could seemlessly fit into a story arc covering several episodes. Virtually all Star Trek games nowadays are all about starship combat and away-team shoot 'em ups which is not what Star Trek is about. AFU retains Trek's adventurous spirit.

16. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just completed it today. Pretty impressed with it overall. It was definitely a lot of fun, and challenging enough without becoming frustrating.

When I say "buggy", I'm mostly talking about the movement. It's very easy to get stuck on a rock, or glitch out trying to make a jump or something. Didn't come across any game breaking bugs, so I guess they patched that up.

17. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Well, just beat Deus Ex. Looks like I'll be moving to Invisible War next :)

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

thinking of redoing Half Life 1 on my steam account because well I have neer finished it nor any HLF game mainly cause I end up reformatting my PC b4 I end them. I own every Half-Life game including Source remake with the exception of Episode Two.

I will finish them all one day :borg:

19. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

StokEd.

DUDE!

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

skate.