In memory of Gordon L Dickson.

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by USS Intrepid, Jul 17, 2014.

1. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

Gordon Dickson, who was a very dear friend and an enthusiastic part of the Star Trek Intrepid team, passed suddenly on Sunday the 6th of July. As I'm sure you can imagine, his family and friends are still reeling from this, and it hasn't really sunk in for any of us.

Gordon was by far the kindest, most generous person I'd ever met. He always had a kind word and never failed to be there for his family and friends.

He was a proud geek and a huge Star Trek fan, which is also how many of us came to know him. Others knew him from his time working at the University of St Andrews, or latterly at Sky. Regardless, if you knew Gordon, you knew him as a gentle giant, a kind and caring man, a loving brother and a proud step-father. The hole he leaves in the lives of those who knew him is a big one.

Today, our friend was laid to rest in his Star Trek costume. Many of us wore Star Trek badges in his honour, and I know he would have loved that. Afterwards, we gathered to share memories, tears and laughter with all who knew him.

Apologies to Shakespeare (and Picard) for the slight misquote, but I don't think there's a better tribute to my friend than this;

"He was a man, take him for all in all, we shall not look upon his like again."

2. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Nice, caring tribute....

So sorry for your loss..

3. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

That was a beautiful tribute, Nick. Gordon was lucky to have such good friends as you and the rest of the Intrepid team, as lucky as you were to have him.

My sincerest, and deepest sympathies and condolences to you all on this tragic loss. The world is a far lesser place in his absence. Fortunately, some of that charm, some of that character and kindness and enthusiasm will always live on thanks to his involvement with Star Trek: Intrepid. It may be of little comfort now, but I am certain all who knew him will appreciate that solace, even if only a little bit.

And while nothing can ever comfort or replace the loss of a dear friend, know that we, your friends in the fan film community mourn this loss with you.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  4. nightwind1

nightwind1 Commodore Commodore

When I first saw the Subject Line, I thought is said "Gorden R. Dickson", and thought "he died in 2001!".

Condolences...

5. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

My deepest sympathy to you and the Intrepid crew, Nick. From across the Pond I feel your loss, I hope my positive thoughts are felt as well.

6. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

What a lovely memorial image. Please accept my sincerest condolences. He will remain one of the faces of Intrepid.

7. USS Intrepid

Thanks everyone, we appreciate the kind words.

8. TRP

TRP Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Let me add my condolences to the chorus. The losses make the time we spend together that much more precious, and, at least for me, helps to focus priorities while we are together. I am sorry for the loss.

--Rich

9. USS Intrepid

Thanks Rich. We've been looking over old photos and videos a lot lately. Good memories for sure.

10. Smoked Salmon

Smoked Salmon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain