Spider-Man 4 &5 to get underway with Sam and Tobey signed?!?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

It seems this is moving from the rumor mill of a year or so ago into reality.

Deadline Hollywood
    Story continues in the link.

I missed the news Kirsten had been in rehab? Drugs? Alchohol? No panty addiction?

So thoughts?

I for one would love a 2pt story that has both Lizard and Man-Wolf being hunted by Kraven. Somehow tie it into a resurrected Norman Osborne who is using Kraven to test the Spider before he makes his big return in Act 1 of Spidey 5. Spread out over 2 films its not too many charcters, especially if the other "gal part" is Felicia Hardy aka Black Cat.

2. LightSith

LightSith Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I hope Kirsten is out. She had a coke problem during Spidey 3 and it showed. She also hates doing the movies, and who seriously wants somebody like that screwing up your work?

I like the idea of lizard a lot. Kraven isn't a bad idea either. I'd love to have a real Venom movie with Spidey, but that's done now. So that seems like a good route to take. Electro wouldn't be bad either.

Out with Mary Jane. Bring on Black Cat. That's my two cents. Seeing Harry and Peter work together was one of the highlights in an otherwise dreadful film. I want to see another team up.

EDIT: I just had another idea. What about Scorpion? Just saying. Another villian that might work.

3. Augustus

Augustus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Mary Jane/Peter Parker romance was one my of my favorite parts of the first two movies. But 3rd one kind of killed it. I wouldn't mind seeing the character go.
    Though what would they do? Say that they broke up for good and introduce a new love interest? Or just reference her as off screen. "Oh she is off performing in London" or something like that?

4. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If they used the Lizard would Dylan Baker still get to play Dr. Curt Connors or would they want to get a more big name star?

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I know what happens in Spider-man 4 and 5! MJ gets kidnapped at the end of the next two Spider-man movies!:eek:

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

They'll replace him with Tommy Lee Jones. :lol:

7. Captain Craig

I think if they use Lizard its a mistake to recast. The audience is already familar with Dylan Baker in the role of Curt Connors, however brief the role has been to date. Besides I think he'd be a sympathetic villian much as he has been portrayed in the books over the years.

8. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I stopped buying Spider-Man books and haven't looked back when they broke up Peter and MJ and haven't regretted it in the slightest. I'll ignore the movies equally if they do the same. Re-cast Kirsten Dunst if you must, I'm not that attached to her, but I hope they keep the character and the relationship.

9. jonnyskywatcher

jonnyskywatcher Commander Red Shirt

They could have Peter and MJ taking a break after all that happened in Spiderman 3, and have Peter casually date Betty or Gwen, or even have Gwen and MJ become friends. As for the villain, I think they should definitely go with the Lizard, and they could add Kraven in, too.

10. Captain Craig

I'm with you on the comic. I don't care how well they write their 6pt New Ways to Die the story exists in a Mephisto altered reality.

The movies though do not have Peter and MJ married. The history of the character has had him with a number of romantic leads before he married MJ. She has gone to Europe, LA or just been broken up with Peter and as long as those avenues, or similar, are followed with the same respect Raimi showed the characters in Spidey1&2, pt3 had too much studio interference and it showed, then I'm fine with a limited if non-exisitent MJ in pts 4&5.

11. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

love the idea of spidey 4 and 5. can't wait to see what happens!

12. Nedersong

Nedersong Captain

I have never been that impressed with Durnst as MJ. she just doesn't have the look or the fire.

I'd just as soon cast Reba as MJ in the movies.

I think a good choice would be the actor who played Naomi Wildman could possibly be a good choice.

13. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think Scorpion would work...in the films they haven't really developed JJJ's hatred of Spider-Man. And I hope they don't break up Pete/MJ, I like the fact that so far she's been the only girl for him.

14. Augustus

I agree... MJ has been his love since the first scene of the first movie. Why change that when you can either recast the actress or involve her in some other way? I would be fine if she wasn't in the movie as long as their relationship was implied or mentioned...

15. crouteru

crouteru Captain Captain

Honestly, I've gone from greatly anticipating the next sequel after Spider-Man 2 to not really caring anymore after Spider-Man 3. They pretty much screwed eveything up, from the backstory of Venom, one of my favourite villains, to discarding all the positive character development of Mary Jane from the previous films. The damage is done.

16. Augustus

It is true, I will be excited later but for now, my excitement for the next movie is almost nothing compared to how excited I was for Spiderman 3

Why did they have to do it? huh? why???
    You idiots!!! You finally did it!!!
    Damn you! Damn you all to hell!!! :brickwall:

17. Cali

Cali Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure how I feel about Spidey 4&5 after Spidey 3 which I laughed at a lot (and not in a good way).

18. amalie

amalie Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Exactly how I feel, slightly ambigous given the atrocity that was Spidey 3.

19. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

Does this mean that Spiderman will have to pull off his mask again during a fight scene? If it does than maybe they shoulda recast Tobey as well. I dont want to see his face when hes got the suit on. That was probably the hard deal Tobey was angeling for...

Studio: How much money do you want to do Spidey 4 and 5?

Tobey: Well I dont want more money...But I want it in my contract that I can pull off the Spidey mask anytime I see fit. I mean thats why the fans come to these movies right? To see my face???

Studio: Umm No! You dum bass!!!

20. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

I say recast MJ with someone more suited for the role. Rachel Nichols or Nikki Cox maybe. Keep them broken up for a while. Bring in Black Cat or Gwen Stacy. If it's Stacy then bring back Norman and have her die tragically like in the comics. Then after that, get Peter and MJ back together.