AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Apr 20, 2012.

?

How do you grade The Avengers?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2012.
  1. A+

46.4%
  2. A

31.8%
  3. A-

9.3%
  4. B+

5.3%
  5. B

3.4%
  6. B-

1.6%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1.2%
  9. C-

0.3%
  10. D+

0.3%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0.3%
  1. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah. Wish I'd known that. Oh, well, I got my Hawkeye. :p

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

It says so on the back of the box. You gotta look carefully.

I think Iron Man looks the best. It helps that he is my favorite Avenger.

I have a TON of Dr Pepper soda right now though. Will be drinking it over the next few weeks. :rommie:

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I only drink diet. :lol:

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

You are very lucky they decided to put Hawkeye on the Diet Dr Pepper Cans.;)

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

While the rumors of Spider-Man appearing in The Avengers were pure fan-boy wishful thinking, there apparently was almost a small-scale sort-of crossover between The Avengers and Amazing Spider-Man movies.

At one point, the Oscorp building from the forthcoming ASM movie was going to be rendered into The Avengers NYC skyline. I think that would have been cool. It wouldn't have been anything glaring or obvious and not distracted from the movie, but for fan-boy purposes, it still would have been enough to place the new Spidey movies firmly in the MCU despite the fact that Spidey will never actually appear in an MCU movie.

6. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I know comic books dont seem to mind squeezing everything into one reality, but I dont see the need to add Spiderman to Avengers, keep the universe's separate, so they dont end up getting to the point where people ask "the aliens were attacking, NY, and where was Spiderman?"

It almost the crossovers that dont happen which are as problematic as the ones that do.

Take for example CSI NY and Without a Trace, WaT crossovers over with CSI, CSI spin-offs Miami which spin-offs off CSI NY, so logically WaT is set in the same NY as CSI NY, and yet it never makes mention of the CSI NY "Cabbie Killer".

You are now saying im being nit picky, and your right, but since there is no reason for Spiderman to show up in the Avengers, why open the movies up to such nit-picks?

That said no reason the Avengers movie reality, cant have an Oscorp building of its own, just in that reality that Norman Osbourne never become the character we know from Spiderman, because Peter Parker doesnt become Spiderman.

All that said, maybe the next reality can form around Spiderman, maybe the Daredevil reboot, can be part of it.

7. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

Daredevil's at Fox. Spidey's at Sony. No chance.

as for Spidey in Avengers, well, he IS an Avenger now.

and you get that kinda question in the comics. where was character X whilst all that shit went down in Character Y's comic. or sometimes X appears in Y's title and you then have to work out when the hell it happened in relation to X's stories...

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I wish Spider-Man and Daredevil were under control of the same studio just so that they could share the Kingpin.

But I'm glad Spidey's not with Marvel. I've never liked the idea of making him an Avenger. I think he works better on his own.

9. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I agree, Spiderman should be able to stand on his own, not need to be part of a wider verse, certainly not one as wide as the Avenger movie verse is. That said of course, Iron Man, Cap Am, and Thor have proven there worth in a movie of there own, so its unfair to see the Avengers cant hold there own. Even Hawkeye and Black Widow could carry a movie without too much extra help.

mine was of course an example, but yeah that kind of plot would work.

maybe that is ok in the comics, but I think the movies should try and avoid that.

10. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

So is Wolverine.

11. Turtletrekker

As is Daredevil.

12. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Avengers 2 just writes itself, doesn't it?

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

When did DD become an Avenger?

14. Turtletrekker

^ During Fear Itself. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones convinced him to join after he saved their daughters life from Nazi mechs attacking Avengers mansion.

(Wow. Only when talking about comics can you write a sentence like that. :lol:)

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

He's not on the team now though as I recall, so basically he was just a guest-star for a couple issues...

16. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

The idea that a bare bones edition of The Avengers would hit mid-September came as odd to me when I first heard it. For the fact that it would still likely be playing in a few hundred theaters. Even if those were $1 cinemas.

Now, this new rumor I'm hearing of Disney allegedly planning an Avengers re-release with additional footage, up to 30minutes, puts things a bit more in perspective. It's from AICN so keep the salt handy but I'm hoping it's true.
    So having the Directors Cut in cinemas while the original theatrical version comes to DVD as a glorified commercial for the Blu-Ray sounds like a solid plan. Plus add steam to push The Avengers into the top domestic slot over Avatar(I film I find MEH).

17. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Really? While I don't read the Avengers main comic, I am reading the X-Men vs. Avengers mini, and he's shown up there alongside The Avengers.

18. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe he's one of those "I won't show up to the meetings, but I'll be there when you really need me" members.

19. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Daredevil is Batman now?!

20. Turtletrekker

No. He was on the New Avengers team during the Osborn arc and assembled with everyone else at the beginining of AvX.