NFL 2013 Off-Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Use of Time, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

No draft day chatter?

The Bears went with an OT, Kyle Long, at #20 instead of the pick everyone thought they should (Te'o)

Addressing a need is better, but SI gave them the lowest grade in the first round of 5.40. Anyone know why they don't like this guy?

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Jerry Jones. Enough said.

3. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

David Haugh from the Chicago Tribune sums it up best:

Long is basically the definition of a reach.

4. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Curious to see who snags the first running back. Hoping it's Eddie Lacy, and hoping he goes to a team that will win the Super Bowl with him.

5. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

The Bears might have some new guys at the top but they have the same jokers out actually scouting the talent. This was a wasted first rounder, maybe as poorly chosen as Stan Thomas. I have no problem in passing on Manti, way over rated due to the ND hype machine. Should have taken Hopkins to bolster the receiving core. You can never have enough weapons.

6. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

You can have all the weapons in the world, but it doesn't mean a thing if your quarterback is getting bodyslammed about a second after the ball is snapped.

7. Ar-Pharazon

Hence the desire for another O-Lineman, but was there a better option at #20 than Long?

3 out of the first 4 picks were OT's, how much was left?

8. Use of Time

Eagles fans are baffled at taking a tight end when they need defense but I think they forgot who they hired as a head coach. Kelly is going to want to tweak the offense for to his style.

9. Use of Time

God I hate being a Cowboys fan sometimes. A TE! You have got to be kidding me. We just drafted Hanna from Oklahoma last year. Hell if they wanted a TE so bad why didn't they just sit on 18 last night and take Eifert. I'm sure our mediocre center would have still been on the boards today. Have fun getting your ass handed to you next year Romo. You are going to take another beating all year.

/Pounds beer

10. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

As a 'Niners fan, I'm not seeing much excitement here but certainly nothing to complain about. Solid choices. Hopefully they add a WR or two here in the next couple rounds.

11. Ar-Pharazon

Don't the 49ers have something like 15 picks?

They could have afforded to trade up, if they didn't have a lot of needs.

12. Ar-Pharazon

Tebow has finally been released by the Jets.

Anyone think Trestman could find a use for the guy? (hides from Timby)

13. Use of Time

He shouldn't even expect a phone call until he considers himself a hybrid FB/TE. The QB thing is not happening Timmy. If you accept that, then it is possible you can still salvage your career somewhat.

14. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Tebow to Canada maybe. I hear they have two months of bad ice up there when they can play football.

15. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd be interested in seeing if Tebow is able to develop if he lands in a place where there is no question who the starting QB is. When Tebow was given the choice of where to go last offseason, picking the Jets over whoever the other suitor was was the worst decision he could have made. Not only would Sanchez leave the door open for Tebow questions to emerge, but combining the Tebow circus with the dysfunctional disaster they call the Jets would never lead to anything good.

16. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

He hasn't shown that he can catch passes/run routes. I'm not saying he can't, just saying he hasn't shown it.

17. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Yahoo Sports gave their draft an "F".

Yikes.

18. Use of Time

I think thats a bit much because they were able to address their concerns in later rounds. I think they got a steal on the WR from Baylor and a decent RB in Randle from OK St. Its just that those 1st and 2nd round picks would probably have still been on the board in later rounds. The 2nd round pick in Escobar is the one that just doesn't make any sense to me.

19. Ar-Pharazon

SI.com gave the Cowboys' draft a C+. It's just a matter of which pompous, overrated opinions you wanna listen to.

Only time will tell.

20. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Overall a pretty darn good haul for the 'Niners. I'm not familiar with a few of these guys but they seem to be well rated by folks who are. Only thing I'm feeling iffy about going into this next season is the QB situation, as I wouldn't put it past Kaepernick to get himself hurt trying to top his performance last season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.