Dating Range?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kestra, Feb 1, 2013.

?

What's your typical dating range?

1. - less than 5 years

20.3%
  2. - 5 years

34.4%
  3. - 10 years

29.7%
  4. - 15 years

3.1%
  5. - 20 years

1.6%
  6. + less than 5 years

14.1%
  7. + 5 years

25.0%
  8. + 10 years

25.0%
  9. + 15 years

10.9%
  10. + 20 years

3.1%
  11. None of the above/I like to be difficult.

14.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^but maturity is relative. A mature 20 year old is still quite different from a mature 40 year old. Why? The 40 year old usually has twice the lifetime experience.

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I went with +/- 5 years. However, that's not a rule, but simply the belief that someone outside of that age range would be unlikely to be compatible with me.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

We should have different words for maturity. Life experiences definitely mature a person in a different way than just aging. Maybe it's not that you are more mature, but more seasoned.

4. Kommander

Kommander Commodore Commodore

I voted -5/+10. I tend to prefer women that are slightly older than I am, and I'm not sure why that is. 25 to 40 is probably a good general range, but there are exceptions. The last girl I asked out is 22.

I'm involved with one person right now, and she is four years older than I am. (I'm 28, she's 32,) that suits me pretty well. I'm not sure what she thinks. Actually, I don't think she knows how old I am... and the night I met her she commented that she doesn't like dating younger men. I'm afraid to tell her now. Luckily I impressed the hell out of her so maybe she'll overlook it.

Hopefully.

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The oldest was my ex-wife, who was 8 months older.
    The youngest was when I was 45, and a 35yr old woman lived with me for 2 years.
    I didn't take the poll, since I'm 62 now and haven't had a date since then.

6. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Well when you put it that way ... it sounds like an awesome idea!

It's not like I think all guys want someone as young as they can get, I just didn't think it would be as big of a deal. But I can get the shared references and all.

7. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I'm genuinely happy with whoever will put up with me; age irrelevant. Just wish I could meet someone with same interests/passions, but they only exist online :(

8. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I'm one of the difficult people :lol: For me, really, it's all about the person. Age is not a huge deal. I can be equally attracted to a woman at 50 as I can a woman at 22. I think the only real limit I have is I tend I to avoid anyone under 20...I'm just setting myself up for trouble otherwise.

That being said, I do tend find the most "potential" with women -5/+5 years within my own age range. Mostly because of things like where you are in life and such. Might make a potential relationship easier.
    Yeah, I'm a big fan of Katy as well. Besides tho obvious factor that she's gorgeous, I really dig her attitude. She can be both silly and serious. Pretty much the only "pop starlet" at the moment I really like.

9. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Never had an age range, never had a type. So I'm gonna be difficult on the poll.

10. Balrog

Balrog Commodore Commodore

I'd agree with many here. As long as the person you are with shares many of the same interests, is going in a similar direction as you in your life, and you are attracted to one another, age is irrelevant.

11. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I got where you were coming from. I just couldn't resist the opportunity to tease you a bit. :)

12. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As a rule I'd say +/- 5 years, though the closer to my age the better. I realize that age isn't the most important thing in a relationship - compatibility, shared interests, chemistry, etc. are all very important elements. However, I think it's important that the other person be at a similar place in their life, and that we want the same things. Sometimes a dramatic age different can make that more complicated.

13. Sam_I_Am

Sam_I_Am Captain Captain

I'm 23. No way am I going out with someone under 20. My eldest boyfriend/date has been 28.

14. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

+ or - 5 years. 24 - 34. Sounds about right. Not that I adhere very strictly to that range.

15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Im 27, I date 19 to 29ish, but voted within 5 years either way.

Most people I know date anyone who is around. A friend of mine is dating someone over twice his age after telling me he would never date the guy. He got desperate and that's just sad.

16. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I answered plus or minus ten years, but that's very negotiable. After all, dating is just dating-- it's only when you're serious that age differences have real significance, and it's been years since I've dated anybody with serious intent. The biggest age difference I've ever experienced was when I had a couple of dates with a 35-year-old woman when I was 21, and a serious relationship would have been a bad idea; she's well past retirement age now. :rommie:

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I guess I've never really seen the point in dating without being serious about it.

18. Ood Sigma

Ood Sigma Commander Red Shirt

Interesting question. A couple years ago I would have said -10/+5 but now it's more like -2/+7. I'm 36 now. I'm married so I'm not actually dating, but my perspective on maturity has changed, so (in theory) it would really take someone being very mature for their age for me to be interested in someone significantly younger.

19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

+/- 5 years typically

20. FFunctionalData

FFunctionalData Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I would be with someone 15 years older then me (28) and would only date someone 5 years younger then me. Even 5 years younger is pushing it I rather be with a 25 year old.