Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

In the comics, the Mk VIII armor (post-Armor Wars) used something that was called an EMP. It was a weapon of last resort because it knocked out everything in range, including the armor itself. That suggests the Iron Man suit wasn't shielded, but I don't think that weapon behaved like a real EMP either. As I recall, it simply suppressed the functions of electrical systems for a period of time rather than destroying them.

Still, it was so effective against tech-based villains that Tony started making it his "go-to" weapon despite its disadvantages. That ceased after he went up against the Mandarin and found out the hard way that it didn't affect the ten super-duper-high-tech Makluan rings. ("The hard way" means he had to face a fully-powered Mandarin with a nonfunctional suit of armor. Oops.) I don't think the weapon was used again after that.

I could be remembering some of it incorrectly, though.

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

The power display for the HUD is dangerously low, red and flashing, it then cuts out as the last of the suits power goes.

Plus, the Chitauri dimension is an atmosphere of some kind, everyone in it is standing around, breathing, walking, talking and generally not dying while standing in exposed space.

And it seems to cover a large enough area to hold a few small planetoids and the invasion force, it's mothership, Thanos' throne for goodness sake.

It's space...filled with air.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

At that point, the armour was knocked out for 6 minutes.

There was a ticking clock until it rebooted inside the facemask.

It's difficult for Iron Man to shield his own armour from the pulse generator when the pulse generator is inside his own armour.

The earlier armour wasn't as heavy as the warmachine (black/grey that Rhodey wears.) which left the pilot immobily weighed done.

Tony stole the EMP tech from the "Force" armour which was piloted by a henchman of Justin hammer who wimped out and said no to evil.

Armour Wars.

Soooooooooooooooooooo long ago.

4. Silvercrest

Soooo... the Chitauri are from the Negative Zone?

And we're still dealing with the consequences.

Well, the Gremlin is still dead, at least.

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Pretty sure the Chitauri--like every other portal adjacent "realm" seen thus far--are just in another region of our universe, not a separate one all of their own. The place where the wormhole opens is clearly deep space. As to their being able to survive there, clearly they have pretty extensive cybernetics which includes a face mask.

The planetoid where the other spoke to Loki and Thanos could be nearby and have a thin atmosphere...or it's possible none of them were ever physically there at all. I mean we know Loki was able to project himself there (possibly with the aid of the mind-gem staff), who's to say Thanos and The Other weren't also projections? Seems unlikely that with all he has going on, Thanos is going to actually be hanging out on some barren rock. More likely he's just there to oversee the staging ground for the invasion.

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Not really the type of cybernetics we're talking about, but nice try.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looks like a robot.

The next post will be a link to a hair care website riddled with viruses.

RJ, you're trying to converse with AI.

8. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

Me too. Iron Man laid down on the wire so his friends could make it. If he didn't take the bomb away, only 2 Avengers would have survived.

9. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

^And Coulson, eventually.

10. Silvercrest

Yes, but it almost works. After all, Deathlok's hairline could use the help. :p

11. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

12. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel are part Kree. We've also had strong hints of Cloak and Dagger and the Enchantress. Are they just toying with us or are there licensing issues to contend with?

13. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since Lady Sif mentioned the Kree by name I am guessing that Marvel plans to use them in some way

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Kree soldiers Ronan the Accuser and Korath the Pursuer are both in Guardians of the Galaxy.

15. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

There are Kree in Guardians. If they're a Fantastic Four property, they're clearly a shared property. My guess is the Skrull are still out (although the rumor is just the Super Skrull are out), but I think the Kree are clearly fair game. Certainly, specific Kree (or part-Krees) are clearly fair since we have Ronan and Korath in Guardians and they have been talking for awhile about an Inhumans movie.

16. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hopefully on regular DVD as well?

17. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

He failed the Turing Test. :(

18. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Even worse, it's a team-up between HYDRA and Madam Masque! Quick, call Iron Man!

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think Korath is a Kree GotG though. I read an interview with James GUnn and I'm pretty sure he referred to him as a member of a different race. I'm almost positive Ronan is a Kree though.