Suggestion for after STID?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by KirkusOveractus, Mar 8, 2013.

1. KirkusOveractus

KirkusOveractus Commodore Commodore

Forgive me if this may have been brought up before, but does anyone think that maybe the third movie in this "reboot trilogy" be something like "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World"?

Just putting it out there, but if they were to do just the trilogy, the movie would start out when STID ends or around then, Kirk and crew a bit more comfortable in their roles, and by the end of it they would be as you'd see them in TOS, more or less.

Also, the film could have exploration as well as some kind of menace (a Klingon ship stalking them?) out there.

What do you think?

2. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

First, I loved Master and Commander.

Do you mean that the third movie will depict the Enterprise's crew on a more of less "average" mission? If so, I would welcome this. But I'm afraid that the needs of the summer epic will demand yet another saving of the Federation/Galaxy/Universe instead.

It would be nice if the ship and crew were off on a isolated adventure.

:)

3. KirkusOveractus

KirkusOveractus Commodore Commodore

Not so much "average", but something along the lines of what Orci had once said as an idea for something after the 2009 movie, where it would be the setting itself becoming the antagonist.

What I'm thinking is the Enterprise, finally out on a mission that would form the basis of TOS, but the planet itself would be the threat to the landing party.

It could be a planet like in "The Apple", where the very geography and plant life are a threat in themselves. This would be a further test for Kirk as a Captain, in that he now has to manage landing party missions without the hand of Starfleet guiding him.

This would be where Kirk has to really look into himself without Pike being there to tell him what he should or shouldn't do and we get the beginning of a Kirk-McCoy friendship as well.

4. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

That does sound interesting. More captain-vs-captain than facing off against supermen or gods or what have you.

It'd be good to play a good chunk of the movie from the hostiles side as well, get both perspectives and make it more of an intense psychological movie, looking at the people behind the situation, rather than 'look at our big expensive CGI shots'.

Maybe Kirk facing off against a Klingon female (so that way there would be no speculation if it was Kang, Kor or Koloth).

Good show Kirkus. You're few lines of an idea is getting me more interested than the trailer for STID.