TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome all! :cool:

2. khelben1979

khelben1979 Ensign Red Shirt

Hi all!

I'm 29 years old I personally think that the TNG has good visions for the future!

Captain Picard is definitely one really good actor! He's good! Although I personally think that Mr Data is the most interesting character. He's authentic interest for intaking high volumes of information from databases is intriguing, also at which speed he is able to do this.

I spend a lot of time on the net and I often find very interesting material. I personally share Mr Datas view on the interest for new knowledge and new information.

I have seen many episodes from the TNG and I watched it for the first time several years ago when it was on television here in Sweden.

I think this is a good forum and I hope to get some more insight into what people think about Star Trek, because I honestly don't know enough about this. I know that Star Trek is a big phenomenom and that millions of Americans have been watching Star Trek with a very big interest.

I myself is definitely a Star Trek fan and I also think that the way they have done things for example in the quarters, that it should be able to influence how we are living today. Of course, everything isn't possible with todays technology but the technology is going forward all the time and I often get inspired about things. I can take an example: To be able to click on a button so that the computer screen goes down in the desk is very futuristic and this is one of those things which IS possible with our present technology. So many things about Star Trek is very interesting and to get inspired makes me feel better, actually. Holographic screens is also interesting and this is under development in the real world, so I guess they might have borrowed some visions from Star Trek, perhaps? :-)

3. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

It most certainly is! :bolian:

Welcome to the board, khelben1979!

4. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TNG is my favorite Trek as well. I'm a 47 guy from Warner Robins, Georgia and have been fan of all TREK since September 8, 1966.

5. khelben1979

khelben1979 Ensign Red Shirt

That's a long time! Have you seen all the TNG episodes that have been released?

6. Cali

Cali Admiral Admiral

I'm Cali and have been on TrekBBS for nearly six years. I got into Trek through Voyager, then started watching TNG and fell in love with it. I'm nearly 21 so was only two months old when TNG first started.

I am a P/C and Riker/Troi 'shipper, and don't like season two because of Pulaski. Beverly Crusher is probably my favourite character and I love the appearances by Q. I have seasons 1, 3, 4 and 6 on DVD.

7. NovusInceptum

NovusInceptum Commander Red Shirt

Aboard the U.S.S. Voyager in the Delta Quadrant
    TNG is my 2nd favorite series, behind Voyager. Especially the Borg.

"Send a message to Admiral Hanson. We have engaged...the Borg."-Jean-Luc Picard, "The Best of Both Worlds, Part I"

8. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

I don't know why I've never posted here before...

I remember the first time I saw TNG. As a kid and fan of TOS, I waited eagerly in anticipation of that first episode. I remember that spectacular scene with the Enterprise and Picard. The size of the ship was hard to comprehend at my age at the time. I loved how they used the familiar theme music, and kept the uniform colours from TOS that the movies strayed from. It seemed so much larger then life.

And I remember the very last episode and it felt like that was a perfect way to end it. I actually didn't want any movies with these characters. I wanted to remain content knowing that they were continuing to explore new worlds and new civilizations- Boldly going were no one has gone before- together.

9. Rhaenys

Rhaenys Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello!

I'm 20 years old and I'm from Croatia.

My first Star Trek series was Voyager, you could say I grew up with Voyager and I still like it very much.
    Few years ago I have seen for the first time all the rest of ST on television. I started with TOS and I liked it very much. But after that I have watched TNG and I really loved it from the beginning. Even more then Voyager. TNG really made me a Star Trek fan. I watched almost every episode, I loved all the characters, especially Data. (I have a crush on him every time I watch TNG again. *blush*) I'm rewatching TNG these days on television again.
    I have watched DS9 and ENT too, but they were pretty different and a big disappointment after TNG, especially DS9. I never liked it nor really cared for the characters. And the war didn't really fit in the ST world for me.
    Of the films, my favourites are First Contact and The Voyage Home, in that order.

That's my ST history. I could write it more in details if I were better in English. I understand all your posts, I even watch films and series in English without subtitles, but writing and speaking English is much more heavier than understanding it for me. So, I'm sorry for my English...

10. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

My entry is probably out of date, so here goes! I'm a fan of STNG and ST in general. I've been married 4 years with a stepdaughter and live in NJ, USA. I'll be 38 in June. I'm an account manager for a large corporation and I just passed my certification test for personal training. I also owned my own business for a time. I have a two year diploma for commercial art training though I rarely dabble with artwork anymore. I have done some Photoshop design work for advertisements. I enjoy science fiction, computers, technology, history, sports, and hiking/walking and bodybuilding. More info and silliness is available on the mostly outdated myspace page here:

http://www.myspace.com/majestik4

11. mr.peany

mr.peany Commodore Commodore

Hey all, im mr.peany, from Melbourne, Australia. ive been a member on these boards for just shy of a decade now. Grew up with TNG, it has been and always will be my favourite Trek and TV show in general.

12. deanimal

deanimal Cadet Newbie

13. AlboOfBorg

AlboOfBorg Commander Red Shirt

Hey everyone! I'm 29, grew up on ST: TNG. Favorite episode (probably of all television history) is Best of Both Worlds part I. I like the Enterprise-E more than the D but the D comes in a close second.

14. Jhaenara

Jhaenara Ensign Red Shirt

Guess I should start posting so I can put up an avatar, etc... lol... :) I usually like to lurk before I get into any forums.

Anyways, My name is Jeanne but have gone by Jhaenara (or Jhae) online for a loooong time, so I mainly use that. I have used names like DrBPicard or DrBeverly in IRC looong ago.

I'm 32 and I currently live in NE (husband in USAF and we're stationed here). I met said husband in a Star Trek chatroom about 13 years ago... lol. the #Holodeck on Compuserve to be exact. My name there was *DrBeverlyCrusher*... big surprise... lol. Guess you can tell who my favorite character is (and we're both redheads to boot :techman:)

My husband and I have a four year old son, William (or Will). It's actually William Thomas, but he's not specifically named after Riker or anything, I just started liking the name Will when I heard it used on TNG, lol. Plus my husband's first name is Thomas and we didn't want to do a junior.

I have been watching Star Trek: TNG since it went off the air. I caught the last episode and fell in love. I also watched Voyager, but not much of the other series.

Anyways, I guess that's about it for now... :)

15. Michael

Welcome to the board, AlboOfBorg and Jhaenara! It's good to have you. :bolian:

16. ZMistress

ZMistress Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I must have missed this thread. *smacks head*

I'm 27 and from Germany (which may cause me to mess up English grammar now and then).

TNG is my second favorite Trek show - my all time favorite being DS9, but I liked more than a few VOY episodes as well, so I'm not about to spread hatred for any of the other shows (I haven't seen much of ENT and TOS, so I'm not about to judge these... at least not much).
    I only got into Trek during the TNG re-runs though I had seen a few episodes before. But those seemed to be mostly Westley-centric (just my luck) and I never got really hooked until later on when I stumbled over "I, Borg" and "Inner Light", was fascinated and tried to see more of the show. I bought all the Borg episodes on VHS and taped what I could of the re-runs. By now my husband and me own all of the TNG DVDs, so I managed to fill in the gaps.

My favorites are Picard, Data and Dr. Crusher (I generally like Doctors - with the exception of Dr. Pulaski).

17. JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How the heck did I miss this thread when it was stickied? lol

I"m a big TNG fan here!

I love the series. Great episodes and storyline. My favorite characters were Riker, Data, Troi, Worf, and Ro Laren

18. Michael

Ach, du machst dich doch ganz gut bis jetzt. ;)

Wonderful! This board needs more Niners! :bolian:

Really? Doctor Pulaski is one of my favorite characters.

Again, a sincere welcome to this board, ZMistress! Also to you, JayTheTrekkie!

19. ZMistress

ZMistress Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Danke.:)

Well, it's not that I hate her, I just didn't care all that much what would happen to her. Maybe I just wanted Bev back. Or it's a matter of different taste.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the nice welcome.

20. DrPiano

DrPiano Cadet Newbie

Hey all! I'm a medical student and I've been watching Star Trek since I was very little. My father and I used to watch TNG together every Sunday evening and I've loved it ever since. I've been blessed to find my fiance who loves Star Trek even more than I do, and he's reawakened my passion for all things Trek. While I've loved Trek for a long time, I'm brand new to this forum!

I think Naraht summed up my favorite parts of TNG in one of the earliest posts in this thread:

I love the way TNG tackles really tough contemporary philosophical/ethical issues. Some of the episodes that stand out to me in this aspect are "Measure of a Man", "The Outcast", and "Ethics." I also like episodes that really explore the characters in the series. I also love the way so many TNG episodes have mysteries more than enemies. There aren't always bad guys that they have to kill or defeat or destroy. I've always loved puzzles.

I doubt I'll be posting pictures any time soon, but as far as romantic storylines, I've always wanted to see Picard and Crusher really end up together and I love the Riker/Troi combination. I was thrilled when they finally got married.