Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Smitty, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Smitty

Smitty Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I know there are many fine people here from all over the world. But since I am in the USA and it is thanksgiving here I want to say this.

Like many people in the US I have been expressing things I am thankful for on blogs, facebook, etc. I would just like to say that I am also thankful for the many Trek authors and other fans here. The books and the banter here always makes me smile. So, thanks to all! May the authors continue to experience success with all the things they write. :bolian:

2. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I too am thankful for the TrekLit board, among many other things.

3. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Trek BBS members:bolian:

4. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I also am thankful we get to chat here. We don't always agree & it can get... colorful let's say, but we all love Trek.

Hope everyone had a great day.

5. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Now I might very well be mistaken on this, but didn't the Pilgrim Fathers "escape" England because they couldn't commit the religious persecution they wanted to here and thus went to the New World where they could and for all pretence and purposes still carry it out?

Now if that is actually the case, I'm sure, like Christmas, the true meaning and events around Thanksgiving have been misappropriated.

6. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Who care's? In their current incarnations, these holidays are about love, peace, family and presents. Good enough reason to celebrate. In the future, they may be celebrated for althogether different reasons. It's change. :bolian:

7. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

Pfft, says you.

I for one look forward to my pagan rite to banish the cold and the dark next month.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm also thankful for the boards, and the high quality of Trek Lit we've been getting lately.

9. Fer

Fer Commander Red Shirt

Thank you for the positive wishes. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I hope everyone else who celebrates it here did too.