Terminator 206 "The Tower is Tall but the Fall is Short" - Thread<SPO>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Oct 19, 2008.

?

Grade "The Tower is Tall but the Fall is Short"

1. "I'll be back." (EXCELLENT)

29.1%
  2. "Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average)

52.7%
  3. "Thank you for explaining." (Average)

12.7%
  4. "Hasta la vista, Baby." (Below Average)

5.5%
  5. "You are TERMINATED." (Poor)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Terminator 206 "The Tower is Tall but the Fall is Short" - Thread<

Is that the episode where they have to fight the T-Prom Queen, the T-DJ and the T-Chapereone? And get unexpected help from the T-Punch Spiker?

2. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

What were the final viewership numbers for this episode?

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ 5.34

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Forgot to say: The preview clips are now available on Fox.Com

Ellison faces off with a T-888 - WITH HIS FACE!

5. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Ouch...that's going to leave a mark. However, I'd be surprised if he doesn't somehow survive this scrape. I'm betting that the killing off of a major character is being saved for later in the season. You never know, though.

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'm fairly certain it's a nightmare.
    The character death is supposed to happen in the first 13. I could see them killing Ellison or Derek and replacing them with a Terminator though. Remember that in the original script for T2 T-1000 was supposed to be played by Michael Biehn after all.

7. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Interesting. I can definitely see both of those being true, though I'm not so sure I like the "replacement" idea. Things are getting a bit cluttered with secondary characters and terminators of the week as it is. If they kill off a character, he or she should be well and truly dead...no Tasha Yar style reappearances. ;)

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Ah I liked Tasha Yar, but Tasha needed a very Pet Semetary death rather than what we got on the show. But I digress.

I don't think that Ellison is dying in Brothers of Nablus. He is already supposed to have scenes (as Ellison) with Sarah in the episode immediately following.

Before I forget Riley will be back next week...

Jody (the girl Cameron almost killed in Allison from Palmdale) and Cromartie have teamed up together.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because certainly that social worker would have entered the name John Connor into her computer... But that didn't really seem like a state sponsored halfway house?

I mean wouldn't the Christians just be perfect to oppose AI? Their political groups have some serious mojo. You know legally lobbying and throwing money at issues and rules until it's as illegal to making thinking robots as it is to harvest stem cells from murdered babies to save people from crippling neurological diseases?

[Angel] "Satan had a Robot? Why didn't any one ever tell me that satan had a robot?"[/Angel]

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Just wanted to add they aren't the Connor's at the moment so John Connor wouldn't play a factor in this. They're still the Baums.

11. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Have scenes with Leven Rambin been filmed but cut from prior episodes? I seem to remember a scene in the last two or three episodes with John walking away from Cameron towards a blonde in a doorway who looked like Riley. However, Riley made no other appearance in the episode.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  12. Guy Gardener

Remember when Cameron lost her memory and she told a social worker that she had to kill John Connor?

13. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

As has been said, this could also be a nightmare. Or the T1001, for that matter. In the latter case, it's not to kill him, but to scare him, I suppose.

As for Jody, John said his name (Baum) to "Allison" when he tried to convince her to come with him, and Jody may have been within earshot. In addition, the social worker (which may also appaer again), got the name John Connor as someone "Allison" would kill.

14. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

The chances of the psychiatrist believing John Connor to be a living breathing person are fairly remote. She most likely believed Allison had had a psychotic break which was why she was being moved to a hospital for further treatment.

Jody did hear and that will play a factor in the upcoming episode as she and Cromartie are hunting Cameron. Jody believes though that Cromartie is an FBI Agent sent to arrest her.

15. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

This raises an interesting moral dilemma regarding people who unwittingly help Skynet. The resistance needs to kill them, but they are innocent of any crime. In effect, the resistance becomes as ruthless as Skynet. After all, that realization is what stopped Sarah Connor from killing Miles Dyson in T2. Some interesting story fodder there.

16. Guy Gardener

People who believe in robots from the future are crazy so the terminators probably troll sanitariums and bedlams looking for lost trapped Time travellers who couldn't mainstream themselves, and It's a given, but anyone typing the words "John Connor" into a networked computer is looking for a visit from a Terminator down the line too... Which is why I thought it was insane as to why John "Googled" himself in the first or second episode in that store. Sibleman thought he could write a book about kyle's type of crazy and it's doubtful he's the only Doctor out there looknig to be published?

But thats just much ado about nothing.

My bad.

17. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Fox has pulled the promos from the website. However, a special new one has been sent to EW (best so far).

The Connor's were robbed and all of their passports & money was stolen because their security system was offline. Also, Derek seems to be really pissed at John saying that he's becoming less like John Connor with each passing day.

Derek is a loan shark.

And here's is some fan news. Joss Whedon posted on his website today that Terminator is now his favorite show on TV.

18. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Note to self: don't piss off Cameron. :evil:

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Some rumors I heard about the Season Two DVD set (treat them as rumor):

Like Spike did for Blade the Series, the rumor is that two versions of the episodes are being filmed for certain scenes that make them more violent or use stronger language. This rumor started because, in Europe, apparently there is a scene where Sarah tells Derek to 'Fuck Off'.