Avengers movie: Desperate Wasp?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Norrin Radd, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guessing that there are studio and rights issues that if they used the Scarlet Witch, which they're not, would they even be allowed to mention her father by name at all?

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

If the Avengers movie will be anything like the X-men movies which pretty much completely focused on the most popular character on the team then they should retitle the Avengers movie to Iron Man 1.5 already.

3. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

Obviously, the focus will be on popular characters; in the Avengers' case, it will presumably be mitigated by the fact that all the main characters have had their own movies and thus independent fan bases, which will need to be balanced against each other.

4. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. [​IMG]

5. Pensive

Pensive Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:drool::drool::drool:

A big star-studded cast in Avengers won't be as impossible as it seems-- Oceans 11, 12, 13 all succeeded and look at that star power!

6. Guy Gardener

I find the subtly to Greg Hornes work, ridiculously unsettling... Discovering some woman's distinct beauty should be more difficult should than that she marches up to you and she sits her crotch on your face... HEY!? Isn't that how Aryn and John met on Farscape? ...And Joan and Jack on Romancing the Stone. ;)

Has Greg ever actually drawn the inside of a comic? Because Pin ups are really cheating since this is supposed to be a story telling medium? That and all his work is like, kinida samey.

7. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Shouldn't the Wasp be played by, ya know, a W.A.S.P.?

8. Guy Gardener

If they can pretend that Jessica Alba is not only white and a natural blonde but a blood sibling from the same both parents to someone who looks like Chris Evans, then I think that this boat has sailed.

i just want to repeat that the wasp is not in the New Avengers(the book Eva is seen with.), she's in the mighty Avengers. Two very different books (written by the same guy) about two sets of Avengers who really really dislike each other. the Black Widow and Ms marvel are also in the Mighty Avengers. New Avengers is a touch of a sausagefest if you really think about it... Which brings us back to Spider-Woman. Although I'm not sure if she changed books yet at that point since there was a question of position as far as her plans for word domination went?

9. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^New Avengers has Spider-Woman (cough), Echo and Jessica Jones which is more than most Marvel team books.

10. Guy Gardener

Spider-Woman moved to Mighty Avengers months ago, and it's no secret that that isn't even Spider-Woman anyway.

Jessica was fabulous in Alias, even if she thinks you can get impregnated via sodomy, but she'd been relegated to being a house frau for a Skrull-ling... So She's hardly much impressive any more even though it was only a year ago that she was scaring the poop out of Norman Osborn... And when Wolverine was hitting on her? "Stop it?" - "Why?" - "My Boyfriend will kick you ass." - "Is that so? really? reee-ally? What's his name?" - "Luke Cage." - "O. UM. Yeah, he probably would."

I completely forgot about Echo!

Echo is the new front runner in my mind now. That's totally eva. :)

Though in my defence, Echo often pretends she has a sausage.

It's been a week.

Surely there should be some counter spin to tell us that a friend from her school days just works there or something?

I'm going to google myself silly.

11. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Wasp is a good role for Rose McGowan. Pull her from Red Sonja and give her this gig instead.

12. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Rose McGowan is officially blacklisted by me, so no thanks.

Honestly, looks wise, I can see Longoria as Wasp. It's not like she'd have to dye her hair or wear a wig so the (frankly offensive) comments made about Jessica Alba won't apply to her.

13. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Yeeeeah, no McGowen, thanks. I really don't find her attractive.

Janet Van Dyne should be mid-30s, pretty but not a supermodel, slender and shapely without being bodacious, average height or below, and of northern European descent.

IMHO, of course.

Actually, McGowen fits most of those criteria, except for being too short and really funny-looking.
    :)

14. Guy Gardener

before Charmed she played an evil bitch in a movie called Jaw Breaker. It's sometimes hard to forget after enduring 9 years of charmed that those actors are capable of expressing anything except doe eyed dopiness.

I thought to one extent or another what with being a young designer that, that Jan would have been a model now and then if not a super model just to swan through the industry... but then if she is a designer, then modelling really is slumming it, like a general taking on the duties of a grunt.

I liked that girl who play Dale Arden on Flash Gordon/Corrine on Bloodties/"something" Swann on Smallville, but they're casting Amy Adams in everything these days and she is TINY!

15. blockaderunner

blockaderunner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Then why include Pym at all? He was a douchebag wifebeater in both the regular and Ultimate Marvel universes. The fact is that, at least in the regular Marvel 'verse (I don't know much about the Ultimates. Sorry), he atoned for his sins and feels pretty shitty about it. You might as well make Iron Man clean, sober, and chaste and Spider-Man a well off, ladies man who has the respect and admiration of J. Jonah Jamison. It's those kinds of flaws that made Marvel heroes what they are. You take that away, you take away their essences.

But as for Longoria as Wasp, no way. I remember seeing her on The Young And The Restless and she couldn't act worth a damn, on a soap opera, no less, either. No stunt casting. Cast the character and not the actor.

16. blockaderunner

blockaderunner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Riiiiiight. Just like every empty headed starlet says how they were such unpopular nerds in high school. I wish these bimbos would be honest once in a while and say, "Yeah I was hot in high school and blew the whole hockey team and don't know, or care the difference between a warp drive and four-wheel drive,". This faux geek alligance has to stop.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

17. Guy Gardener

Everyone should like comics.

Maybe it's a Hollywood fad diet to lose weight... No that doesn't sound right.

A Hollywood fad to curb sex addiction? O, that covers all four points. :)