Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ncc71877, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeppers. According to Brian's blog we've got issues coming out every Friday until April 3rd.

2. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They're not skipping weeks anymore, right? They're filling what would have been skip weeks with the side stories.

3. Admiral_Young

"Effigy" is taking the place of the skipped weeks now yes.

4. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Ah good, I can download and read three new issues tonight!

:bolian:

5. Admiral_Young

Last two issues have been awesome. Clark is indeed in the Electric Superman suit! Effigy continues to be great as well, as we get a bit of an overview of J'onn's origin and the Martian civil war. They end up discovering the corpse of King Faraday!

6. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am not trying to be dumb, but will we see a 'Man Of Steel' connection?

;)

7. Admiral_Young

I doubt it, although I wouldn't put it past Miller to sneak something in there :) But I don't think so. This really is tied to "Smallville" continuity, so much so that there are flashbacks directly to stuff we've seen in the series, which we know has occasional references and links to the DonnerVerse.

8. Taylirious

Good. :)

ETA: I remember during SMALLVILLE they did stuff to tie into Superman Returns. Ugh.

9. Admiral_Young

I just finished #34 and Rao if that wasn't one of the most emotionally well written stories I've read in a long time. Miller continues to prove he is a genius, he's introduced M'gann!!!! "Effigy" was just beautiful.

10. Taylirious

M'gann! Yes! :) I think if the series did what we are seeing in S11...the show would have been EPIC! :D

11. Admiral_Young

12. Taylirious

I hate this comic is better than the series, that is a good thing. :)

Kara is awesome! :D

13. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Once again, I'm way behind you guys, but will probably make the attempt to catch up this weekend; I seem to be doing my purchases in batches of three, anyway. I continue to love reading these on the S-Tab, it really beats the hell out of sitting at my wife's desk or lugging my laptop to bed!

:lol:

Nice image of Kara, BTW; her 'House of El' symbol certainly appears to be amply filled out!

:evil:

Any chance we'll eventually see Power-Girl in this book, Admiral Young? It certainly seems as if Miller is attempting to unify the TV Smallville-verse with much of the existing DC stuff. Either way, I'm in for the duration.

:techman:

14. Mike Farley

Considering the multi-dimensional nature of the building story, I wouldn't count Power Girl out.

15. Admiral_Young

Yeah. I'm expecting we will see some incarnation of Karen. Miller is doing a wonderful job of introducing familiar characters without seemingly forcing them into the plot, this is something that "Smallville" at times I felt did a little too much. So far this entire season including "Effigy" has been handled brilliantly in terms of pacing and introducing all of these new characters. There was also some wonderful stuff between Bruce and Babs as well in Effigy Part Four. Also the artist of Effigy (his name escapes me) I think is my preferred artist of the rotation so far. He does great work.

16. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Considering the multi-dimensional nature of Power-Girl's, ah, upper-frontals, I hope you're right!

:evil:

17. Mike Farley

Not sure what you're talking about? :whistle:

18. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

19. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Just finished reading 'Effigy' last night, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I really liked the pairing of MM and BM together, and hope that this is just part of the true forming of the JL, as Admiral Young has predicted. If they're bring Kara/Supergirl back, then the next step, I would think, would be to bring Wonder Woman in, as we know that Chloe has apparently already met her during her Season 10 travels.

Back to 'Effigy', I chucked at the reference to 'Lost' when Barbara was still in the bacta-tank. Did you guys catch that?

:lol:

Anyway, I still have #38 to read yet - is this still part of 'Haunted' or is this the start of the next 'episode'?

20. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

It's still Haunted. I think that we might be getting Barry Allen and Wally West by the time Haunted ends. I may be assuming too much but Bart did meet somebody friendly in the speed force. Or so it seems.