Should they have used more flashbacks or flash-sideways?

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Morpheus 02, Jun 18, 2010.

?

Should Atlantis & Universe have used more flashbacks/flash-sideways?

1. Yes to both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes to flashbacks, No to sideways without the main characters

16.7%
  3. Yes to sideways, no to flashbacks

16.7%
  4. Mmm...maybe. But only on occasion.

33.3%
  5. OOOOOH No. This ain't Lost (even if they ARE stranded in a strange place!)

33.3%
  1. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To me, the stories that have reconnected Atlantis & Universe to the main universe seem like contrved conveniences that take away from what should be the real situation (kinda like the 1st half of the Flash Gordon TV series).

it seems to me that flashbacks would have been a better way to connect with SG-1 and Earth.

Some of the action could be old SG-1 stories, but inserting our current heroes (kinda like DS9's Trials & Tribbalations, but more serious). Some flashbacks could be original, with their SG-(not)1 teams. Either way, there could be plenty of cameos by past friends and enemies.

i think that could have REALLY benefited Ford, and made him more experienced that Sheppard, and using that to be a vital part of Sheppard's team.

Rush had a series of flashbacks, with Daniel. But that one was a dream. REAL memories would help me get more interested in characters.

A flash sideways (sorry if you don't like Lost) would be more like family & staff reactions on Earth, so there could be parallel stories. Maybe a similar crisis happenng with Stargate COmmand, or a contrast in how family describes a character and their actual reaction to a situation.

What do you think?

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Constant reliance on flashbacks would get tiresome. Not a fan of Lost, in case you hadn't figured out.

But occaisonal flashbacks or even a flashback episode could be good. Maybe an episode showing each character's life prior to being assigned to Icarus (like Torchwood's Fragments for example) or even a flashback episode that takes place entirely at Icarus, with some minor Destiny events to frame the story.

3. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Why don't they just do something unique instead of copying other shows?

4. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Occasional flashbacks are okay, but this is a show about people trapped on an Ancient ship, very far from home. Why aren't we exploring the ship and the regions it passes through? Those are the things the show should be dealing with. Anything else should be related to serving that purpose.

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I'd prefer flashbacks to the stones, although I think they would become tired if they were used in every episode whether they fit or not.