TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. terpette

terpette Commander Red Shirt

TNG will always be my favorite Trek. It inspired me to become an aerospace engineer. I really enjoyed the "anything is possible" technology, and the hopeful tone of the show. Data (and Spot) was my favorite character, and being a teen I did have a crush on Wesley Crusher (no pun intended).

Rewatching as an adult, I appreciate the episodes even more. I want to pick up the blu-ray sets, once we get us a blu-ray player.

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

^Do it. You won't be disappointed!

3. Jayne Cobb

Jayne Cobb Cadet Newbie

I stumbled across this site the other night while at work and decided to join.
    So hello...I joined your site.

I think Chief O'Brien is my favorite TNG character. When he tells the Cardassian "It's not you I hate, Cardassian. I hate what I became because of you."
    Good stuff. But I haven't seen much DS9. That's next on my shopping list I guess.

Anyhow...Greetings from Alabama.

4. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Welcome aboard! :)

O'Brien really is a great Character. I was sad to see him leave TNG but happy that he went on to get more screen time and development on DS9.

5. Chensams

Chensams Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved the Chief as well and was glad he went to DS9 for some more screen time (although he was missing from a bunch of the episodes).

6. Captain_Q

Captain_Q Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hello there! I'm 21 years old and I'm pretty sure I've been a fan since I was born. My dad and godfather are big fans so they're the ones who got me started. My godfather has every episode of TNG on collector's edition vhs. Ha ha, good old vhs tapes! I borrowed those tapes whenever I could. Everyone is probably going to hate on me when I say that my favorite movie is Insurrection, as everyone else seems to hate it. Well I'll proudly announce it as my fave. Tada. I really don't like Nemesis. Mainly for the fact that Data dies. B4 doesn't really count as a replacement. The Enterprise D is my favorite ship, I cried in Generations when she was destroyed, I'm pathetic I know, but that was the ship I grew up with! If I could captain any starship that would be the one. My favorite "villain" has always been Q, and I don't really see him as a villain, more of a mischievous little imp who just wants to have some fun. My friends nicknamed me captain a few years ago and it stuck. Anyway I was stop rattling on now and just say I love this series! I can't wait to talk about this amazing show!

7. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hello, everyone - and no, I am not Jonathan Frakes. Nor have I ever met him. I am, however, an Artisan, a devout Roman Catholic, a Romantic at heart, and a fan of the best damn STAR TREK series ever made: The Next Generation.

Despite the coup de grâce that is NEMESIS, I am also a huge fan of the TNG movies. INSURRECTION is given a lot of flak by the fanbase, it seems, but I find it to be entertaining popcorn fare. Frakes certainly did not let the cast down in the STAR TREK movies he's directed - they look great and are entertaining to watch. And Frakes delivered one of the biggest blockbusters the entire franchise has ever known, until the reboot came along: FIRST CONTACT! So, in tribute to a fine director, solid actor and surprisingly relatable STAR TREK personality, I have taken on his real life knickname, in posting with you good people. I enjoy all of the series to varying degrees, but The Next Generation is Gene Roddenberry's pièce de résistance - and my personal favourite!

8. Phanton

Phanton Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

A lifelong Trekkie I like to watch all flavours of Trek but would say TNG is the one I like the most.

I have the 'entire collection' except for TAS as too much like watching scooby doo imho.

9. cincygal

cincygal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hi,

I'm 55yrs old, and I was (and still am) one of the die hards of ST:TOS. I grew up with ST:TOS, and saw the show when it originally aired, and the 3rd season when it was on past my bedtime, I snuck downstairs to the TV room and covered it with a blanket so I could watch without the light leaked out.

So, when they announced ST:TNG, I was one of the ones that who thought that nothing could compare to the original series.

After a slow start at the beginning, I really warmed up to th show, and I am so glad I was wrong about ST:TNG. There are so many things I liked, no loved about the show, and it's really hard to pick one charactor I loved more than any other. They were all so well crafted, that I have to say I loved them all, but if I was forced to pick one, it would have to be Barclay. He was so smart, so good at what he did, but it was so hard for him to communicate with other people, which is something that I can relate to. Once he had a crew who could actually believe in him, make allowances for his lack of interpersonal skills (Personally, I trully believe that Barklay is an Aspey, someone who (like me) has Asperger's syndrome) we all seen that Barlay really excelled and soared to newer heights in his profession.

In closing, ST:TOS will always be my first love (and in ST:TOS I loved Spock the best), but I have to say that if it's possible to have TWO loves, then ST:TNG is right there.

10. just.a.trekkie

just.a.trekkie Ensign Newbie

Hi!
    I'm a teenage girl who got interested in Star Trek about a year ago. Since then I've watched TNG, DS9, and some of VOY. I've been reading the TrekBBS for a while now, but I just recently made an account. My favorite characters would have to be....II take it back. I could never decide. :cardie:

11. Ender9

Ender9 Ensign Newbie

Hi,

I'm a big fan of Star Trek, in particular TNG and VOY. Data's certainly my favourite character!

12. ThankQ

ThankQ Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hi, my name's Dave and I'm a TNG fan (Hi, Dave!). It's been 8 weeks since my last....

Hmm, I think I'm getting my meetings confused.

Right around 12-13 years old back in the late 80s/early 90s ,I had a little 3" or so B&W television than I would sneak under the covers after bedtime and pick up the weeknight 10:35 local FOX broadcast reruns of TNG.

My favorite episode when I was little was "The Royale". Of course, this was when I was too young to know the episode was crap, but I was a space enthusiast and it started with what looked a lot like a space shuttle piece, so I thought it was cool.

What a great opening, and they turned it into an offship holodeck ep. :(

13. RapidoTrains

RapidoTrains Ensign Red Shirt

When I was in high school back in the late 1980s and early 1990s, TNG was on twice a night. It was on a Buffalo station at 1800 and on a Toronto station at 1900.

My entire high school class watched both those episodes every night. When new episodes were on, nobody picked up the phone.

Needless to say, I've been a huge TNG fan since 1987.

But only recently have I realized that I'm a fan. Sure I've read most of the novels and watched all the episodes, but I don't collect Trek stuff. Well, I didn't.... until the reproduction TNG communicator was released last year.

I don't know what came over me - from the communicator came T-shirts. And from the T-shirts came a Sisko cosplay costume. (I'm a huge 24th-century fan in general.)

I'm hooked. I'm now rewatching all of TNG for the first time since the 1990s. When you haven't seen the episodes in almost 25 years it's like watching them for the first time.

-Jason

14. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Hi. I just joined the Trek BBS a few days ago. Out of all the Star Trek TV series, The Next Generation is my overall favorite. Its characters are unquestionably the greatest in the entire Star Trek franchise.

15. amysully

amysully Ensign Newbie

TNG is THE BEST show ever. I watched every episode when they aired and recorded them on the VCR. Then I watched them all week. Obsessed (I was 12 to 19 at the time) is an understatement. I now get to watch on Netflix. Yea! I love all the TNG characters, but I'm a big Riker/Troi fan. I got to see the cast (minus Patrick) in Kansas City recently. Of course I got a pic with Jonathan, Marina and Michael because I couldn't afford everybody. I also talked with and got autographs from Marina and Jonathan, and they were awesome.

16. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm Keith1701, I'm retired United States Air Force member of 20 years, currently living in Middle Georgia, and have been a STAR TREK FAN since the beginning which of course was September 08, 1966.:)

17. Memory Alpha

Memory Alpha Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

TNG is my favorite (I grew up with it), followed by The Original Series. Basically, I think the quality of writing and the characters set TNG apart.

Picard, Data, and LaForge are my favorite characters. Guests? Guinan, Q, and Barclay were all great.

I think TNG evolved well as it went on; the other series seemed to stay relatively status quo, like DS9 and VOY.

18. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Welcome, guys!

19. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

Hello there, a new member here, 31 year young/old dude from Finland.

After startrek.com shut down I started to wonder where to discuss, mainly ask things, about my favorite show. Google offered this site as it’s first result when searching for Star Trek forum, boards or something like that. So, here I am, sorry in advance :)

For me TNG is the best show, not just from Star Trek, but best ever of all shows, until a better one is made… which most likely will never happen.

20. Jewel

Jewel Ensign Red Shirt

Hi, I'm new here. My Trek love is very focused on TNG, which I think is an absolute unique show -- it's exciting and thought-provoking, character-driven and plot-focused. Plus, it has a cast with amazing chemistry. I watched TNG regularly in the 90s, have recently re-discovered it on BBCA and Amazon Prime, and am glad to find that there is a place where people are still discussing the show 25 years on!

I really do like all of the 7 main characters (by which I mean the main adult characters from Season 3 on) but my favorite by far is Beverly Crusher. I love the Dr. Crusher character and Gates McFadden as an actress. My favorite episodes to re-watch tend to be ones where she is featured-- episodes like Cause and Effect and Remember Me. Love the gravitas of Picard, the energy of Riker, and I love Troi as the series progresses. For guest stars, I really like Susan Gibney, from Booby Trap and Galaxy's Child. Looking forward to participating!

21. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Somebody named Jewel is here?

Awesome Possum sighting in 5...4...3...