World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Showdown, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Showdown

Showdown Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

For the Horde. On a more serious note, I need to read up about the new expansion. It looks slightly interesting.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

My god are the orcs invading Draenor?!

FOR THE HORDE!!!

Also more trailer wtf, why can't we have trailers of the quality of BC and WOTLK?

4. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Because they don't have 15 million active subscribers anymore?

5. teacake

So is this going to be time travel?

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

It looks pretty good from what I've been reading. The new garrison feature looks like they are bringing some more "warcraft" into WoW's game play. No more god damn pandas.

7. teacake

I'm so out of it. The female pandas killed it for me for a long time (that and title nerfs) but I still miss my orc.

8. Showdown

The updated player models they showed look really good. Hopefully they'll make male humans look better in the update too.

I'm kind of surprised they raised the level cap to 100 instead of 95.

And no new class or race announced. I guess they did gave us a new race and class in Mists of Pandaria, but I think we could get something new. Maybe they'll announce it later, like the new alliance race in the Burning Crusade expansion.

The new garrison sounds really cool.

If this is a time travel expansion, I wonder how it will affect the world of Azeroth.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  9. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

So are we going to have two Draenor now? The one from The Burning Crusade and this new Draenor set in the past, before the shattering?

10. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

People are still playing this?

I remember ages ago that you couldn't hit a party without hearing talk about WoW and as a non-player you were automatically sidelined when people found out they played WoW because the only topic then would be this game.

11. Showdown

I think that's exactly what they're going to do. They may have 2 types of portals. One for level 60 characters to go to BC, and another for level 90 characters to go to WoD.

There are a lot less people playing, but yes there are people still playing WoW. I'm not sure, but aren't there are some still playing Everquest 1.

12. teacake

I like the time travel idea because there is a lot of lore never seen in game and it sure beats them just pulling new lore out of their ass that contradicts old lore LOL.

Apparently Garrosh is going back in time to change history on Draenor? And Alliance and Horde have to stop him or something?

I just wish we could have more at war factions within the game itself. I would like to choose to be on Garrosh's side for instance, at odds with other Horde.

13. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

"Boost to 90 and play immediately"? :lol:

Kung-fu Pandacraft must have been bad if even Blizzard will let you skip it.

I wonder if the time travel plot will be used as a soft reboot, Abrams-Trek style. Make Warcraft 4 accessible to non-MMO players?

14. blueziggy

blueziggy Lieutenant Red Shirt

as a long time player who has taken alot of breaks i can tell you mists of pandaria wasnt bad. in fact i enjoyed it, especially the story. much better than cataclysm. on par with WOTLK if you ask me.

the boost one player to 90 is huge and i dont think its because pandaria is bad. i think its an effort to bring back those that left in previous expansions. as was said at blizzcon, players might really want to play WoD but to buy the expansion but only have a level 70 character would require you to play through 3 whole other games before you ever saw the new content. not very enticing.

the time travel aspect is going to be a little wonky. its not real time travel, its more of forming an alternate reality and using time travel to create it. the portal will change once you complete BC and turn red for WoD.

i honestly havent played more than a few free hours in the last calendar year, but ill pick this up as a time sync and to see the new content when its released. i might even get it for my fiance and use the direct to 90 on her characters that never got past 30.

15. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

I can't seem to stay focused on this game anymore. Just general fatigue of playing the same game over and over again for so many years. It's not that it's bad, though it did get bad at some points (early Cataclysm was the worst to me).

I did start playing again recently to check out the timeless isle. That was pretty fun. Then I went back to working on the legendary cloak questline, and got bored again. I really have to PvP to get a PvE cloak?

WotLK was the last time I was REALLY into it. I think I played more or less continually for about 2 years. Since then I'll resub to check out the new content and get bored after a couple of months.

One of the big selling points of the new expansion, the garrison, doesn't really do anything for me. Not sure if I'll be back. There's still not a lot of info about the expansion specifics.

16. teacake

Garrison does nothing for me, now if I can give my goblin a palace that might be okay..

But I've always played fairly RP'ish and my orc main doesn't want her own garrison :lol:

Can someone explain to me the reason why the Pandas chose to divide their allegiance and fight each other? When their so peaceful and united seemingly when you meet them on Pandaria?

And yeah by the time we got to Pandaria I had expansion fatigue.

17. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

If I remember correctly, the playable pandas are kind of a breakaway group, separate from the mainland pandas.

Bit of a tangent, but was there nothing about Legacy of the Void at this blizzcon?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  18. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ http://www.tomshardware.com/news/blizzcon-starcraft-2-tweaks-expansion,25042.html

As for WoD...could be cool. I like getting a 90 cause there are certain race/class combos that I abandon halfway.

19. Showdown

Here's the WoW:WoD cinematic

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhlsEFcVQ[/yt]

I wonder how Garrosh went back in time. Also, will changing the past for Draenor affect Azeroth in the present.

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

"YOU. ARE NOT. PREPARED!" got the Warcraft geek in me pretty excited. Man, I should really replay the WC3 campaign.

Garrosh doesn't interest me in the slightest. I have no history/beef with him, no matter what Blizzard is trying to suggest.