Dexter - Season 7 (with Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by ALF, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My complaint is that nobody in Miami Metro is questioning why Dexter is visiting a mob guy in prison, and why the mob guy is stalking Dexter while he's eating a sammich.

And WHY has Deb still not wondered why Dexter framed Sgt. Doakes?!

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do you need to use photo id to check into prison for visitation?

And frankly, I find it likely that Dexter would have several disposable alternate identities to use when needed.

Bed must know that he framed Doaks.

The blood slides were his.

Although she hasn't asked 'Did you kill Doakes?"

Remind me... How did Lyla and Debra get long?

3. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Deb hated Lyla. they didn't get along at all.

4. Guy Gardener

"Did you kill Doakes?"

"No, Lyla did. Then I killed lyla."

**High Five**

Seriously, right now, unless it happened off camera, Debra has to be assuming that Dexter killed Doakes and she's covering for him.

Silly Debra.

5. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I never would have believed that Guy Gardener would ever have forgotten Jaime Murray's line when her character met Deb: "Pardon my tits.":wtf:

The world is out of joint.

6. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

Yes but it's not like there are flashing lights and sirens at the police station every time someone in prison gets a visitor. Nobody at the station knows Dexter is visiting because nobody feels any need to go look at the logs to see who's been going to visit Sirko.

And while Sirko is under surveillance there's no way the uniform cops would know who he was talking to at lunch.

7. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Last week's episode I thought was kind of disappointing but the week before (the one that ended with the sex scene) was great. I loved all the sexual tension between Dexter and The-Blond-Of-This-Season.

I'm starting to wonder where the season storyline is going. I'm thinking LaGuerta will finally figure out that Dexter is a serial killer and try to extort Deb, then Deb will give the thumbs up for Dexter to kill her? She hasn't killed that I can remember but isn't she an antagonist? Seems like she keeps trying to screw with Deb's life/career.

LaGuerta is a bizarre character. What's her agenda? Her marriage to Angel raised more questions than it answered, then just stopped. In the earlier seasons it seemed like she's just waiting for an opportunity to crush Deb, but why? Now she wants her help? I wouldn't trust her. It's weird thinking back to the first few episodes that she had a crush on Dexter. I wonder if that played out more in the book.

And isn't Deb due for a nervous breakdown yet? How many of her love interests have ended up dead?

8. Guy Gardener

I had assumed that she had once, previous to the shows start, that she had had a meaningful affair with Doakes, that after the fact transcended into respect and friendship.

(I assume a lot.)

LaGuertta doesn't have to blackmail Deb. Deb is her subordinate. She can make Debra's life a living hell if she chooses to.

LaGuertta's motives are pure, if a little zealous.

Some asshole shat on her friends name with lies and she wants to clean it up.

(Remember when she tried to collect money for his funeral and everyone laughed at her?)

9. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

didn't expect Deb to tell Dexter that she was in love with him. and LaGuertta keeps getting closer to figuring things out. i liked Sirko's talk with Dex at the bar, that was some good dialogue.

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Sirko's obsession with killing Dexter makes a lot more sense now after that scene in the bar. Good dialogue and great acting made that one of the best scenes this season.

11. Guy Gardener

The he was my illegitimate son would have been tired.

Good reveal.

Hannah is in a pickle, will her cujolove for Dexter weighlay her from killing Deb?

Delay it for a touch certainly.

And in serious pecking order, she won't survive killing Deb if she doesn't kill Dexter first... But she doesn't want to kill Dexter... :(

It's amazing how Chuck sterilized this womans sexuality.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Is it just me or was Dexter more confused than grossed out when Deb said she was in love with him? i'd have probably vomited but he seemed semi-intregued.

13. Guy Gardener

I'm surprised Harry didn't but in.

14. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Nope, that was definitely more confusion than anything. It was such a WTF moment that confusion is really the only natural response to it.

15. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In light of yesterdays episode: Heh!

But damn, Jennifer Carpenter. I always feel gutted after her breakdown scenes. This one was no different. She is so damn good at that.

16. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wonder if they are going to end the season with Dexter realizing that deep down he may be in love with Deb after giving her confession some time to be processed.

17. Guy Gardener

"Oh my god. I'm sane! Harry I'm sane! I'm sane because I don't want to shtupp my sister! Me! Sane! That's fantastic!"

there was a scene years ago where Vince asked Dexter if he wanted a weekend alone with Debra's body. Dexter replied "Dude! that's my sister!"

18. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There are tremendous holes in Dexter, it takes some suspension of disbelief. Never mind the cell phone records, there is probably a camera in every lobby of every public /private building Dexter enters where someone is killed and no one every notices him coming in or out?

Look at last week's - Dex killed the guy waiting to kill the mafia dude. The apartment/condo/hotel room was a crime scene. Does anyone ever check the doorway cameras to see who come in/out and recognize Dexter? Never.

The story is still good... the holes are the same size as most other shows. LaGuetera is finally on Dex's heels. "Slice of Life." I still predict we'll see Dex kill her at the end of this season...

19. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually on the Dexter Podcast the writers said they checked into the prison thing, and in Florida they don't record conversations with inmates unless someone requests it.

And as far as cameras recording Dexter elsewhere, he usually IS pretty careful not leave bodies lying around. If no one realizes someone is dead or missing, they're not likely to check the cameras for them.

20. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

They look a lot alike. Coincidence, or did they cast Hannah that way on purpose?