Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i dont want to ask on how she would be able to pull it off on a teacher's salary on a show like this, but how would she be able to pull all this off?

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Have no idea :) How the hell can they do most of the things they do in a community college here? How'd they get Levar Burton? LOL.

3. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Well, the voice is modulated and I think it would be more interesting if it's something MORE than just not wanting to pay.

I feel like the whole thing (the paintball, the reward) has been a set up for some larger goal.

4. Admiral_Young

I like my ex-girlfriend suggestion. It's not far fetched. We've not seen her since last year's finale and yes it's obvious that the paintball game isn't a regular paintball game. I believe personally that lots of things are going to be paid off next week and new stuff introduced into the fray.

5. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

hell I think it might be william shatner. think about it, this would be one of his show knowing his humor.

6. Admiral_Young

It's not William Shatner. It was a female's voice underneath the Ice Cream Cone. That being said, a future guest appearance by the Shat would be pretty amazing. I could see him and Pierce going at it.

7. HighteeHeller

HighteeHeller Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was an awesome ep!

8. Professor Zoom

I think the voice was modulated to SOUND like a female's voice. But, it could have been modulated to not sound like a particular female.

9. Admiral_Young

^ That's a good point. The first thought that I had was Abed's Secret Service girlfriend...but that didn't make sense. We've not seen her since the episode but I assume we could consider her in play still.

10. Professor Zoom

I was just thinking it might be John Oliver, but then I'm not sure what his motive would be, and then, of course, no accent.

11. Admiral_Young

^ This doesn't sound like Ian's MO though, but that's another possibility. I'm betting it's someone we've seen before and like Checkmate suggested connected to the war from last season. If people have been paying attention this season they've actually foreshadowed and referenced paint ball several times over the year. I don't know if that means anything or not but it's certainly noteworthy. I love that a comedy show is making us having the same guessing game that a drama would!! I think we're in for a treat next week.

12. Admiral_Young

Tomorrow night is the big night. "For a Few More Paintballs" should be even more epic than the first part was. Will be interesting to see who Pistol Patty is revealed to be, my guess is someone who has ties with the group and was involved with last year's paint ball game. That being said i have no idea who it could be. I watched the episode again recently and couldn't really spot any possible suspects. I have a feeling that we're going to end on another cliffhanger for some reason.

13. timothy

Every one ready for tonight the seaon finale who is watch and who is setting the dvr?

14. Ganja Tea

Ganja Tea Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Could very well be a three parter if it's following the Sergio Leone's Man with no name trilogy. Maybe the next seasons opener is The Average, The Poor and The Painted. Either way can't wait for tonight. More pants less Annie please.

15. Admiral_Young

Well Harmon has stated the second part is more "Star Wars" than "Sergio Leone" but yeah the first season of course ended in a huge cliffhanger that really first sparked my interest in the series in the first place. I hope Jeff/Annie is touched on more but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sorry if I keep banging the drum on that but it's the thing that got me in the series in the first place and I'd like to see it resolved in some manner.

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'd prefer that they never resolved it, but I've never been a shipper.

17. Admiral_Young

^It's not so much being a shipper...it's more okay you introduced a major sub-plot between two characters. You've been dancing around the two of them for an entire year with swerves with it's clear that Annie still has feelings to Jeff no matter what she has said on screen. I just want it resolved. I don't even care if they get together or not.

18. timothy

now this is how you start a season finale. this is going to be a great episode.
    and I was hopeing for a guest star in the suit but no go there.

oh my god pierce is the champ.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  19. timothy

20. Admiral_Young

^ Never mind. I just realized that it just finished airing on the East Coast and assumed that's the feed you watched? My bad :)