Lost Fifth Season Finale: "The Incident"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, May 13, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

79.6%
  2. Above Average

14.6%
  3. Average

2.9%
  4. Below Average

1.9%
  5. Poor

1.0%
  1. Arrqh

Arrqh Vice Admiral Admiral

But how can you stab a force of nature to death? ;)

Speaking of, what was the loophole exactly? Why could Ben kill him when... when whoever was pretending to be Locke couldn't?

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

It was nice to see Rose and Bernard again. I'm surprised no one found them in 3 years.

3. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

They were protected by Vincent. :)

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Good guess. How did you know?

You might be onto something there.

5. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was a good episode, and yes, it would be weird if they reset everything with the bomb blast but if it doesn't, then I don't know how any of them would survive being that close to a nuke detonating. And I don't know why it would propel them forward into the future.

Maybe they do all die and come back next year as "ghosts" like Locke apparently is.

Or maybe it will reset and the Losties will have to return to the Island for some reason.

This also brings up the question of how did the new "Others" know to be on the plane to Guam? Did Jacob guide tell them to be on it? Did Eloise? Widmore? Someone else?

6. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Something about "Locke" told me he wasn't the real deal and I immediately thought he was the other adversary to Jacob.

So are we going to go through season 6 with "Not Locke" or will "Not Locke" revive the real Locke?

Seems like it, with the promo at the end "Destiny" and an eye opening up

It's like when Jacob woke Locke up after falling from a building.

Jacob probably touched Locke when the plane exploded so that he can walk.

7. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

After an awesome season I was disappointed by this episode, gave it a below average. Too much love triangle plot in there. Jack is going to detonate a nuke because he failed with Kate? What? Why even bother telling Dr. Chang about the future if he's just going to be ineffective, standing around yelling at people who are clearly ignoring him.

Was disappointed with Jacob. Putting him, forest gump like, in to key events in the losties did nothing for me. The opening with him on the beach with his adversary was interesting though. I was guessing Locke was in the box, but I was hoping it wasn't him because I liked the new Locke. Now that he's dead, he's basically the eternal sucker. Suckered from beginning to the end, and now his corpse is being carried around like a trophy. Poor guy.

I dunno, this episode was just not that interesting. It almost feels like the finale was given back to the writers of the crappy season two writers or something. The one positive thing is that it doesn't particularly bother me how long it's going to be before the next season starts. I really don't care what happens next right now.

8. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Man what a great episode! I think whatever is in the guitar case Jacob gave to hurley will be the key to either prevent things from being completely reset or some that will be able to stop The Adversary, let's call him Esau, since biblically he is the brother of Jacob, fraternal twin actually. Although I'm seeing comparisons to the Heroes finale where they killed a character off (if Locke is indeed dead) but still have the actor stick around

Otherwise, great ep! And to all the people saying they're done with the show, you'll be back next year for the final season and you know it. I thought I heard in an interview Damon and Carlton said they were gonna end similar to The Sopranos finale, which they kind of did, cept they cut to white instead of black

Fork in the electrical sockett this was indeed! Too bad Jacob actually wasn't a 60 ft man made of flames, although he was on fire haha

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  9. Adm. Bonz

Adm. Bonz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All I can say is Wow!

10. Devnull

Devnull Captain Captain

Does anyone know what Richard said in Latin?

11. Obiwanshinobi

Another question that comes to mind is how does Christian factor into this all this? who's side is he on? Jacobs or Esau's? Or should we also call them Osiris and Set? And could Jacob could have possessed Ben? Like he was taunting ben to kill him, just so he could use him as a meatsuit vessel? Perhaps seeing Terr Oquinn being a little more sinister and Michael Emersonplaying Ben not good perse but less evil?

12. Obiwanshinobi

Supposively "he who will save us all"

13. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

Woah. That was mental. Need time to process. I have to go to work now too. :(

Excellent though. Best damn episode for a while.

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

So Jacob is actually someone named Jacob. I guess that's considered a twist for Lost. :p

15. AceAceAceAce

AceAceAceAce Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

16. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

So from the beach scene it looks like Jacob is from modern times, being that it takes place during the black rock times, yet they talk like contemporary people.

17. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

Well, Locke is dead. (Though his death didn't actually happen in this episode. We simply found out that he's really been dead for most of the season.) And Juliet might be dead....depending on what happened with the bomb. And Sayid is very nearly dead.

Also, as a reminder from "The Life of Jeremy Bentham", Walt says to Locke (quoting from Lostpedia here):

"Walt explains that he'd been having dreams of Locke in a suit on the Island, surrounded by people who wanted to hurt him."

Now that makes sense. Walt had dreams of who he thought was Locke, but was actually Jacob's adversary, disguised as Locke. And the people who want to hurt him are the Others / Ilana's group, who will be none too pleased with Jacob being killed.

18. cubbie

cubbie Vice Admiral Admiral

Was that Juliet's eye at the very end, when it said 2010?

19. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Which is what I was saying. He/she said that there were supposed to be three seasons of 17 episodes. There weren't, there were supposed to be three seasons of 16.

20. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess I should have expanded on that a little. As many of you know, I'm not really happy with the weird turns into scifi/fantasy this show as taken. But I did enjoy some of the characters and watching them. One of those characters I enjoyed was Locke, and for me, the most enjoyable aspect of season 5 was seeing uberLocke running the show and blowing the minds of Ben and even Richard. And now, after sitting through a season of that, I find out it was all a sham. Locke is dead, replaced by "not Locke" who apparently has some kind of evil agenda (although who knows with this show.)

Between the long break we have now ahead of us, and this turn with Locke, it just really took a lot of my interest away.