Stargate SG1: Were the Kull Warriors the most powerful troops?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ReadyAndWilling, Nov 5, 2013.

1. ReadyAndWilling

ReadyAndWilling Fleet Captain

Hey guys, I was re-watching some SG-1 episodes from season 7 and wow, the Kull Warriors were really menacing. I had forgotten how powerful they were.

In 'Evolution PT2', the Kull Warrior is injected with some kind of poison or sedative and then it just walks through a Tok'ra shield, and then this is followed up by heavy machine-gun fire, and to top it off, the Kull walks right through claymores and C4. It doesn't even appear to have taken any damage. The next encounter was 'Death Knell' where the Kull takes a missile to the face and it just stands up from the debris like nothing had even happened.

I wish we had seen some clips of the Kull fighting the Replicators. Considering how the Kull could absorb damage, I can imagine the Kull using their fists to beat down the Replicators to little, broken bits, "Hulk-smash" style. We never saw a Replicator take that kind of damage and keep moving forward. Does anyone know why we never saw a Kull vs a Replicator in Season 8? Especially in the episode 'Reckoning, Part 2' where the Replicators directly invade the Goa'uld domain.

I can't say I enjoyed the part of the Kull story where Carter comes up with a device that kills them in one shot with the golden-gun. Did anyone else not appreciate how the Kull were beaten? At first the Kull are unstoppable, but then after a couple encounters they're just shut down from one or two shots.

I didn't like how their story was folded either. It would have been interesting to see them fight the Ori or even better, imagine the Wraith trying to deal with the Kull. That would have been amazing.

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

An underused character. Ahead of the Sardukar or Klingons certainly...

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Stargate went on WAY too long for several reasons but the one you brought up is my main problem.

As the show went on the team came up with some simple weapon to kill everything, either the Kull soldiers, gou'ld, Ori. It just felt really uncreative. It's like 'What's the point of watching the journey when the ending will feel forced, rushed and unnatural".

And speaking of underused characters, what about the invisible Kotu? Talked about them a few times, saw their invasion force and nothing came from it.

4. ReadyAndWilling

I'm not sure. It may have been difficult CGI-wise to bring invisible characters with 4 legs in?

Does anyone know if there are any books or other media, like comics, that have the Kull Warriors? I'd love to read some.

Thanks!

5. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They reminded me like the Ubervamps from Buffy's final season. First one shows up and trashes Buffy and then in the re-match she manages to kill it. Then the finale comes and you have more of them released from the opening Hellmouth and regular human characters are killing them.

6. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

^ That's exactly what I thought of! "I liked them better when they were called ubervamps" sort of thing. :lol:

7. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, actually invisible CGI monsters are pretty cheap and easy to do.

8. ReadyAndWilling

Right, I guess this is a pretty good comparison.