WIP Concept Design

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by wakachukie, Sep 21, 2011.

1. wakachukie

wakachukie Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello people. Ive been lurking here for quite some time and admiring all the discussion going on. You have some good stuff going.

Now to the point. First off, I have no clue where this thread is supposed to be put:confused:, so Im making it here and hopefully a Mod can move it to where its actually supposed to go >.>

I am a scifi fan and, to some small degree, both engineer and artist having had many classes in both realms. This added to being brought up on TNG on as well as classics like Babylon5, SG1 on, and Firefly got me into the ship designing mood. Now I have tried this a few times to work out the bigger, stronger, badder most new people have:rolleyes:; but that feeling never went entirely away. So I came up with a concept ship that goes something along the following. If this is the right place, I can add a pic or 3 later on.

What I need from this community is help.:)
    I have come up with the major design, interior and exterior, but lack the modelling program/skills to make it look good.:klingon: Failing that, an Okudagram or blueprints of some form would be nice... or at least a program to help me make them.:techman:

Basic specs: XF-76001 "Centurion"|post-VOY, pre-Temporal Era|Length: 150 meters|Height: 2 decks|Width: 50m|Crew complement: 10+1 Mk II EMH/ECH, min1, maxevac 40|Diplomatic grade 4, 4x Grade 4 "crew" quarters +2 Grade 7 "captains" quarters on lateral sides|Quantum-Slipstream Drive via 4 embedded nacelles on aft dorsal curve|Dimensional Bridge Reactor [or controversial Particle 010 reactor if SGA fans object]|multispatial shielding|port and starboard fore/dorsal VLS torpedo cells|port, starboard, and aft ports into ventral cargo bay. The main bridge and reactor are integrated in the fore of the upper deck buried between the quarters and beneath the hidden VLS cells for protection. The victorian-style double curving stairs mount up from the lower deck, connected at the top by a TNG-style tactical station behind which lies a circular table worstation around the DBR. Immediatly connected to and behind this is a rectangular table for the bridge officers which holographically projects the internal ship and local area. Behind this a, the floor is open to increase the cargo bay to 2-story height and can be accessed by a rear pair of turbolifts with emergency ladders recessed within their tubes. The lower deck in front of the cargo bay directly beneath the bridge has a short hallway between the port Weapons Locker, and starboard Medical Bay which leads to the 2-story open area with the Victorian stairs from before. This room would be at the foreward edge of the asteroid and allow for a Ten-Forward style observation/mess hall.

Notes: This was designed to be a stealth, infiltration craft. Its nose and fore 20-30m are hiddden within a natural asteroid containing sensor-masking elements. Plus the small size and ovoid or flattened cylinder shape [think SR-71 main hull] would serve to lessen detection. Externally the ship looks like its some sort of tug or cargo ship that crashed into the asteroid after a firefight; artificial burn marks on hull, intentionally buckled outer hull plates. The rest of the ship can be equipped with sensor masking devices, stealth armor, low emission passive scanners, interphasic? cloaking device.

If you want the trechnobabble for the stuffs, I have it...:vulcan:

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Well, most longtime lurkers figure out that the artists hang out in the fan art forum. As for modelling your ship, have you tried Sketchup from Google? it's free and has a pretty easy learning curve.

3. wakachukie

Thanks, saw the art section and I dont know why I didnt make this there...
    I'd actually like to entertain any questions you guys have for me about this ship to better flesh it out more. [should I move this? how?]

Im also hoping to eventually come up with some sort of plot/storyline and "recruit" some willing posters to participate in a sort of pseudo-story. I tried something similar on memory-beta or -gamma and it went well.

4. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

I think you'll get a lot of help in the Fan Art forum - I'll move it over there.

Welcome to the board and good luck!! :)

5. wakachukie