Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

393 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Nerd unRage

Nerd unRage Commander Red Shirt

2. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I was recently promoted to Rear Arse.. er.. Rear Admiral. I think the power has gone to my head.:guffaw:

3. Roberta Lincoln

Roberta Lincoln Commander Red Shirt

I joined a few days ago thanks to Yeoman Randi who sent me a link!

I love TOS and watch the episodes obsessively -- usually while working on projects around the house.

I have sketched out almost all of the women's costumes from TOS and have started to recreate them for Barbie dolls (yes, I'm a geek and proud of it!).

Yeoman Randi has a couple of pictures in her album. I don't think I am advanced enough in rank to have an album yet, but when I do, I'll put in pictures of the costumes I have made.

In the meantime, I am slowly working my way around the board, posting here and there and still trying to figure it all out! It makes much more sense than it did a couple of days ago so perhaps at some point I will start a thread.

Plus I need to watch more of the other series and movies!

4. Nerd unRage

Nerd unRage Commander Red Shirt

:techman: Welcome fellow newbie!

5. Sector 7

Don't worry, we will let you in anyway.:guffaw:Yeoman Randi is a special lady. If she likes you then you must be good people.:techman:

6. Cwj

Cwj Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hey everyone, I joined! haha :)
    I'm mostly a post reader, but expect my opinion here and there.
    Very cool forum

7. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

^
    I think you expect too much.:p

8. Kelsa

Kelsa Cadet Newbie

Hi everyone! I just joined. I've been a big fan of Star Trek, TNG especially. Started watching during season 2 if I remember correctly and was immediately hooked! Looking forward to being a part of this group and chatting with other Trek fans.. hopefully make some friends too. :)

9. Sector 7

Welcome aboard, Kelsa! We can be a fun group of Star Trek fans, fanboys, obsessed fanboys and just plain weirdos.:rommie: I am sure you will feel right at home.:guffaw:

10. SSgt Baloo

SSgt Baloo Ensign Newbie

Greets! I'm SSgt Baloo, and I've been a Trek fan since they were still making new episodes. I'm not quite a stereotypical Trekkie, but I have owned a large amount of Franz Joseph designs merchandise and similar items.

My hobbies are drawing vehicles of various and sundry sorts, including, but not limited to Starships [click HERE and HERE to see examples]. It may be heresy on this board, but I like Star Wars, too, but I'm mostly interested in the fascinating variety of vehicles in the movies.

I also like Role-playing games, even though I haven't played in almost 20 years. My favorite genres are Superheroics and Science Fiction.

Right now one of my projects is a rewrite of a fan booklet on how to do Star Trek with the Hero Games system. I'm also writing a Wold-Newton-inspired timeline for a superhero campaign and revising the Superheroes in WW II supplement I wrote when the official Hero Games one kept getting postponed. (The first version I wrote in 1990, but I actually got to use it before I moved to where there were no gamers.

--SSgt Baloo

Right now one of my projects is a rewrite of a fan booklet on how to do Star Trek with the Hero Games system. I'm also writing a Wold-Newton-inspired timeline for a superhero campaign and revising the Superheroes in WW II supplement I wrote when the official Hero Games one kept getting postponed. (The first version I wrote in 1990, but I actually got to use it before I moved to where there were no gamers.

11. JTAC

JTAC Ensign Newbie

Evening SSgt Baloo, that second link you gave has some excellent Airframe schematics. Were/are you a Crab?
    Impressive bit of artwork there anyway.

Hello to the rest of the forum, I just found this place a couple of days back after watching STXI and googled "Is that cop in Star Trek a robot?". Got linked here, read a few threads and enlisted.

I like DS9, I drink red wine in a tankard and my favourite quote is "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

(Might not be from Star Trek)

12. SSgt Baloo

SSgt Baloo Ensign Newbie

No, but sometimes I'm pretty grumpy! :lol:

Thanx!

13. RemkeLovesKirk

RemkeLovesKirk Cadet Newbie

Hi every one

*My name is Remke, 31y, lives in the netherlands
    *works as a waitress in a hotel resto
    *hobbys: reading books,swimming, movies, shopping, tv shows

favo actors that jumps out of line: mark harmon gary sinise, william shatner, richard dean anderson, robert redford.
    favo tv series: csi ny/miami, ncis, medium, criminal minds, star trek tos , stargarte sg1.

about william shatner and star trek tos: i followed shatner since TJ Hooker(in reruns also) and later rescue 911 when it was almost ends i stop watching(busy wiht school), later i followed him in boston legal for 2 seasons when it has a stop here i was looking other show that i was also in love with ncis and csi...,now i have almost all dvds of boston legal in my collection (i watched star trek that was on reruns in the 80's and 90's) when i get stfy channel on my tv in 2009 i was direct addicted of star trek tos/william shatner again so tell you more or...:lol: ?

i am also a member on the official st.com forum, stlog forum and csi files talk forum so i know how things work with chatting and so on(if i dont know i will ask)

want to know more ? just ask

14. Sector 7

Welcome aboard, RemkeLovesKirk! I think you will feel right at home.:techman:

15. mathew1204

mathew1204 Ensign Newbie

I do like Star Trek and I hope I enjoy thi forum as much,My name is Mathew and I work with a website development company am a first time user of this forum and hope to see you all on the forum soon.

16. omgahitsbritt08

omgahitsbritt08 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm new too. I joined trying to make friends who have the same obsession as I. (My sister's word not mine.) I got into Star Trek after the 2009 film. My favorite is the original series. (I think maybe the Enterprise haven't seen to many epis yet.)

17. Sector 7

Welcome matthew1204, Gary2, and omgahitsbritt08! Join in the fun and frivolity that is TrekBBS. Some of the participants have bars on their cages for a reason. Feed them at your own risk!:rofl:

18. NFlamelCo

NFlamelCo Ensign Newbie

Hi everyone!! I've been a fan of Star Trek pretty much my whole life and I don't know why I have never joined some forums before! I'm in school, studying CompSci and English. I love mostly TNG and DS9, but I've watched all of them. I think I used to read parodies of Enterprise on this site back when ENT was still on the air. Anyway, lookin' forward to talking with all yall!

19. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome, NFlamelCO and everyone else! I'm rather new, too. Been here since June and I LOVE it :bolian:. I hope you will have a great time as well.

20. robinsmith1710

robinsmith1710 Cadet Newbie

Hello there This is Robin Smith. I really like your post but i want to know when the next version of Star Trek coming in theaters?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010