New Zealand legalises same-sex marriage

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Candlelight, Apr 17, 2013.

1. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

I'm still waiting for why same-sex marriage will make my marriage worth less and me love my wife less?

2. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I won't lie; I own polyester clothing. Don't tell god. If he finds out he'll kill me. :(

Because same sex marriage uses anti-love, and when love and anti-love combine, they result in annihilation. :wah:

3. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Thankfully the annihilation leads to a massive release of pure love energy that makes up for it. :p

4. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Love is a finite resource, a fossil feeling if you will. Every time THE GAYS® use it to love someone of the same sex, it's just like siphoning gas from your car. And before you know it, multiple spouses, children, incestuous family members, animals, corpses, and inanimate objects will be allowed to get married and siphon your gas too. Then the world becomes a post-apocalyptic Hellscape like Thunderdome, except this time when two men enter, two men leave sexually satisfied. That's just science.

5. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

To J, we live in a new testament world, you know that.

I'll just say I believe and support God's judgement on marriage, he is the only one with authority to judge marriage, and he has already judged it. I stand by his judgement on marriage. I will support the Bible's teachings on the value of marriage in the new testament.

6. Amaris

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." (Matthew 5:18-19)

O'Rly?

----------
    "If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her, And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate.... But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you." (Deuteronomy 22:13)

----------

There's going to be a whole lot of dead women in your world, kid.
    Also, if you get married, make sure to live like your wife doesn't exist:

----------
    "But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none." (1 Corinthians 7:29)
    ----------

So lots of sexless, apathetic men, and a shitload of dead women. This is what you want in your traditional, Bible based marriage?

7. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

so you're against interracial marriage then as well. charming.

8. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

As long as you are allowed to cherry pick which parts of the bible are true or not true, right?

9. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

you might. i live in the real world.

10. Amaris

I like how he's trying to whitewash over the Old Testament, as if it no longer matters, even though the primary passage for those against homosexuality is found in Leviticus, a book of the Old Testament that outlined the cleanliness rituals for the priests of the Temple (of which he is not).

It's also convenient to push away something that seems distasteful to modern sensibilities, which most fundamentalist Christians do. For example, it plainly states in Luke 15-18:

----------
    "And he said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God. "The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone forces his way into it. But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one dot of the Law to become void. "Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery."
    ----------

See, by following those laws, these same people can't marry anyone who has divorced another. Considering the high divorce rate among Christians, adding in the knowledge that one cannot marry someone to which they are not equally yoked (2 Corinthians 6:14), that's a shitload of people taken out of the sex pool.

So Brent's ideal, Godly world is filled with sexless, divorced, apathetic men, and women beaten to death with stones for being the banes of their husbands' existences.

Ah, Biblical marriage. So holy.

11. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

^It's simpler than that. He just thinks gays are icky. Everything else is rationalization.

Good job, NZ!

12. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

13. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of all these christian rules..

EVERYBODY OUT OF THE SEX POOL!!

:: grabs a pool toy and splashes into the deep end ::

14. Amaris

CANNONBALL!

15. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

God is the only one with the authority to judge marriage, he has done so, and he has defined it. I'm going to go with God on this one.

16. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

17. Amaris

^ See what I mean? This is the post of someone who has no actual response to valid counterpoints of the book by which he claims to abide. When all else fails, it is easier to hide in one's shell and deny, deny, deny. Fingers in the ears are the order of the day. If one doesn't listen, one doesn't don't have to acknowledge the giant holes in your stated theology. So I have an emotional response of my own.

After all, he's just a poor Christian (forgiven!) trying to live in a sinner's world. Why be so harsh to him? All he wants is for you to acknowledge that his god is the only one, true god (out of billions of possible incarnations), and that all of you are living an abomination destined for the roasting, sulfuric, skin burning, agonizing, body consuming, soul torturing, eternity of hellfire. All he wants you to know is that God loves you, and for you to accept His love freely (if you say no, or insist on proof, you will burn in hell for eternity)! Doesn't that say love to you?!

Come on! Tell the gays to go take their perversion somewhere else! Tell them that they're evil, wicked, demonically possessed pawns of Satan! God loves them but he wants them to burn in hellfire if they won't turn against their Biblically unnatural (but totally natural in nature) ways! God loves you! Die in a fire!

Can't you see he only wants your love, unconditional service, and willingness to hate others on the word of others in power who coincidentally make a great deal of fame and fortune from this supposed disease around the world?! WHY DO YOU PERSECUTE THIS POOR MAN?! HE ONLY WANTS TO DICTATE HOW YOU LIVE ACCORDING TO HIS ILL INFORMED BELIEFS!! BY GETTING ANGRY WITH HIM YOU GET ANGRY WITH JESUS! WHY DO YOU HATE BRENT'S WORDS (AND BY EXTENSION JESUS') SO MUCH?! :wah:

THIS IS JUST LIKE THE PERSECUTION IN CHINA EXCEPT FOR THE KILLING, SILENCING, OPPRESSION, AND IMPRISONMENT! THESE PEOPLE DISAGREE WITH ME! JESUS IT'S LIKE I'M CARRYING YOUR CROSS! SAVE ME JESUS! :wah: :wah: :wah:

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

So, what exactly did he say?

19. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

Didn't God also judge slavery as being OK?

20. Amaris

----------
    "However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way." (Leviticus 25:44-46)
    ----------

Yep. BIG on slavery. Sexual slavery, too, as indicated below!

----------
    "When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment." (Exodus 21:7-11)
    ----------

You'll note that the next passages are from the New Testament.

----------
    "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." (Ephesians 6:5)
    ----------
    ----------

"Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them." (1 Timothy 6:1-2)
    ----------

*sigh* We've gone and changed the tradition of God ordained slavery, too. Surely, surely, we are an evil culture. :(