Scifi/Fantasy fan Holiday gift wish-list?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by V, Nov 25, 2011.

1. V

V Commodore Commodore

I'm surprised there wasn't a thread on this already so I'm starting one now, Thanksgiving night:

What's on your Holiday wish-list this year? Are there cool toys or gifts out there that the rest of us might not know about?

My list:

...I think I'm going to do what I often do to beat the system: get an "IOU" for a DVD release coming out in early spring, specifically Game of Thrones Season One. Its too long to wait for Christmas 2012 for that.

Also I'm going to get "A Dance With Dragons" -- I intentionally didn't pick it up when it came out because I didn't have time to read it then what with work and everything, so holding off until Christmas break means I have time, plus it makes them "special" when they're a Christmas gift.

Otherwise I'm not really sure if there's anything big out at the moment. We had some good summer movies in "Thor" and "Captain America", might get those but I'm not sure. Also "X-Men: First Class", that was great (finally getting the films back on track with Bryan Singer at least partially involved with the script).

But I'm having trouble thinking of much else.

I won't next year that's for sure, what with "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" coming out, there'll be more than enough action figures to collect (good old times all over again).

2. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Well, I still haven't got the DW specials or season 5 or 6... Game Of Thrones (the TV show) wouldn't go amiss.

I really wanted a Cybermat too, but I'm less bothered now that someone who has one has confirmed that it doesn't have the teeth...

There's also a "Complete BBC MR James" DVD box set which is only available in Australia - a Region 2 release would be nice!