Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Haval_Runa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tranatter. I quite like that. Reminds me of when Quark tried nick-naming him "Trannie" and it didn't quite take.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^^I think Quark nicknamed him "Tarannie," not "Trannie." I doubt he would've gone so far as to imply that the Jem'Hadar was a cross-dresser. ;)

3. foravalon

foravalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A cross-dresser is not a transsexual.

4. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ah, but even if he were, how would we know? Jem'Hadar have no females.

That, in turn, reminds me of a Graham Norton sketch. He pulled out a gay magazine, found a listing for a "naked transvestite party" in the back pages. "Okay, I have a question," he said. "How do you know you're all cross-dressers, if you're all naked?"

No, I know. But "trannie" could just as easily have been an abbreviation for "transvestite" as opposed to "transssexual." Plus, there probably is some overlap somewhere along that very fluid line. The average punter out there who isn't "in the life" probably has a hard time distinguishing between cross-dresser, transsexual, drag queen, gender-queer, and whatever other terms people come up with.

Hmmm. Jem'Hadar drag queen. Do you think they do USO shows when they're out on campaign? Like Gorgeous Georgina, only Gorgeous Goran'Agar?

5. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

Chuck Norris?

no. Calhoun doesn't roundhouse-kick people to death and he's far more subtle and conniving than a light-speed roundhouse-kick.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm watching the third hour of Day 3 of 24, and I've gotta say, I really think Gregory Itzin would be perfect for Zife. Another plus for him would the fact fact that he's played 5 different Trek characters, one of which was as recent as "In A Mirror, Darkly Part II".

7. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

^ That's my feeling, as well.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

So Zife is a sort of Trek version of Charles Logan? I can see that. ;)

9. serdogthehound

serdogthehound Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Re: Casting the DS9 Relaunch

I think Lee would be totally wrong Arkar is huge to just tall. If any of you have read A song of ice and Fire it like trying to cast Gregor Clegane :eek:

10. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting. I was watching Day Six when it was airing a few months ago in the US, and Peter MacNicols' performance as Tom Lennox struck me as being absolutely perfect for how I saw Min Zife: The same inner weakness and indecisiveness combined with arrogance.

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

So... I think we covered the new TNG characters from Resistance a couple months ago, but nobody's brought up casting ideas for the new characters introduced in Q&A, Miranda Kadohata and Zelik Leybenzon. Any ideas?

For Miranda, given that she's half Asian and half English, I tend to envision Lexa Doig (who's Filipina/Irish), albeit with an English accent. For Leybenzon -- bald, thick moustache, bulbous nose -- the closest I can come is G. Gordon Liddy, though I doubt that's what Keith had in mind.

12. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

A reliable source informs me that there's an actress who appears in Battlestar Galactica: Razor who is perfect for Miranda. I'm reserving final judgment until I see it....

Elya Baskin would've been a perfect Leybenzon 15 years ago. So would Eugene Lazarev.

13. David Mack

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

She looks good, but is a bit young, isn't she? If Miranda had been on the E-D since "Farpoint" in 2364, even if she were a green ensign at the time, she would have to be be pushing 40 by 2380. Of course, by 2380 37 might look like what 27 (Stephanie Chaves-Jacobsen current age) looks like now.

15. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

16. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Yeah, I can see that, although she wouldn't be my first choice.

Elya Baskin I definitely can see. Too bad he's too old (not that it really matters). I'm not familiar with Eugene Lazarev, however.

17. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Who else was mentioned, cause I remember only T'lana being mentioned at the time. Both actresses are good choices for Miranda through.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just looked back and the only other person I saw was someone saying Tom Welling as Lio.

After watching Monday's Prison Break, I just want to once again say that Jodi Lynn O'Keefe would be a good T'Prynn.

19. David Mack

Not bad...but I still think Bridget Moynahan is a better fit for the role.

20. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

Dan Didio?