Mulgrew so awful to Jeri Ryan she had to date Braga for protection

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Khan Harrison, Jul 8, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I heard it was awful. Of course it doesn't matter because I'm sure Kate isn't awful. Anyone see it yet?

2. teacake

Me too. My ambition is to appear on one episode once and then jet around the world staying in hotels and appearing at cons for pin money.

Also I would insist that the autograph monies went to charity and that would make me beloved.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. teacake

So much win in one career!

5. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

That's exactly what my husband and I said. They make a lot of money per apearance, the lowest paid actors still make for one con appearance what I make in a year. (According to the guy who used to run Slanted Fedora)

plus with all the cons I've been to, the actors for the most part really do look like they're having fun

oh and the charity thing. The one time I saw Alexander Sidig it said in the program and he mentioned on stage that half of his appearance fee and autograph earnings were going to Doctors Without Borders

6. Katie O'Clare

Katie O'Clare Lieutenant Red Shirt

I have seen bits and pieces of it...to be precise, the parts where Kate was in..and from what I've seen, she was awesome, of course. As for the rest of the movie I cant say...

But here is the link for Kates scenes, if you wanna watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b76698Q2Wc&list=PL8St_sV6vNvLCZ133E1PM9w-yag9lFMS3

7. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

Throw Momma From a Train Mulgrew

8. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

9. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Found another VOY 100 episode pic

[​IMG]

10. lisaa6@gmail.co

lisaa6@gmail.co Lieutenant Red Shirt

Robert Beltran tried to be funny:

http://www.startrek.com/article/star-trek-convention-in-boston-was-a-hit

"He wondered if one of the questioners thought Janeway and Seven shared a Mother/Daughter sort of relationship which might make him uncomfortable, and told the audience that he thought of it more as a Bette Davis/Joan Crawford Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? sort of thing."

:scream:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  11. Guy Gardener

Neelix cooking a rat just seems odd.

12. Janeway7trulv

Janeway7trulv Commander Red Shirt

This is what confuses me . I cannot understand Ryans motive to sticking the knife in years later. She has her career, she appears to be in a happy marriage with a new child. Why has she chosen to bring all of it out? Maybe she isnt as happy as she appears and the longer she is apart from Kate , the more intense the pain she suffered years ago has come to the surface. Maybe she its money - Did her restaurant close down?..Maybe she hears Kate is now in a relationship and she wanted to be that person Kate still has her eyes on( i know far fetched but i couldnt resist to throw that in there:techman:

13. Guy Gardener

Motive implies forethought and premeditation.

It takes a lot of energy to keep a secret a secret.

Fatigue sets in eventually.

Although because I'm a conspiracy nut.

It's because of Warehouse 13 two or 3 years ago.

Mulgrew was cast as the mother of the male lead, and Ryan was cast as the cordial exwife.

If the W13 producers kept trying to suggest a Thanksgivings episode where Ryan and Mulgrew had to pretend that they were in a loving manner toward each other again, but Ryan kept trying to think up any excuse but the truth to avoid that sentencing?

14. teacake

I have been to a lot of conventions. Bitching about being treated badly by other people you worked with happens regularly. When it's about another actor the comments are often veiled but everyone knows who they are talking about. When it's a director, writer, producer.. ugh I've heard some long tedious whines. I won't say what the most tedious one was but geez talk about something else. Okay maybe a bunch of folk in the audience paid to hear gossip (very boring gossip) but not me.

In other words, it doesn't seem specific to Ryan. It's just a bigger headline.

15. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Movie sets are just like any workplace. Not everyone in the office is going to get along 100% of the time. It always surprises me how there are people out there who have trouble understanding the idea that two actors wouldn't get along in real-life as well as their characters do on-screen.

16. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

This is twice now that this thread has come back to life after a year.

17. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ It's like we're all stuck in some kind of causality loop. Quick, someone decompress a shuttlebay so we can escape! :D ;)

18. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm also surprised that this one come back over and over again.

As for the supposed conflict, I would be happy to read Mulgrew's version too.

19. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think Mulgrew was unhappy that they axed Lien in favour of a sex-bot who was pushed quite forcefully as a character. If Jeri had been a recurring guest star and Lien had stayed I suspect they would have got on fine.

Voyager's problem was sanitising its characters too early on. We would not have wanted anything as dysfunctional as NuBSG but the core characters needed more edge.

20. teacake

Star Trek suck(ed) at edge.

See how I use the past tense, see how I am still full of hope!