Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Interestingly, that idea was kinda resurrected with Henry "Jimmy" Olsen.

2. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

^ Except the "real" Jimmy Olsen came completely out of nowhere, while Chloe's been around since the start of the show.

3. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

"The Real Jimmy Olsen"

I think I hear a fusion punk album in there somewhere.

4. Broccoli

I'm just referring to the broad strokes.

5. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Admiral In Memoriam

New York City, the greatest city in the world!
    Yep. would love to see Kirby's DC Fourth World characters in Smallville, like Granny Goodness, Mister Miracle, Big Barda, Kalibak, Orion, and definitely, Darkseid. Hell, I'd love to see a New Gods show! -- RR

6. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Yeah, they had a great chance to get rid of Lana right there and then, as far as I was concerned. Clark should've failed to save her, forcing him to reconsider his feelings for the Clovage.

Instead, we got seven more years of Clana.

:scream:

7. CorporalClegg

MMMmmmmm ... Chloevage....

:drool:

Sorry, what were you saying?

Actually, even the tornado thing wasn't so bad. It's when they pulled out the reset button in "Vortex" that fucked everything up ... Forever.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm wondering how many other kids at that prom lost their virginity like they were supposed to obeying the typical cliche before the threat of imminent death made everything at least 7 times sexier.

So, at least 15 babies were probably conceived that night leading to a series shot gun marriages and... what did Clark do?

Kryptopunk.

9. CorporalClegg

I wonder if there were any titty-twisters...

10. Broccoli

Terrible. :lol:

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Apparently not everyone is distracted by Chlovage as we all seem to be!! Clana...jeez...it was practically forced down our throats until we gagged on them! I mean in the current comics Clark and Lana is a moot point in Clark's past, she was his first love and high school sweet heart. Eventually he got over her. Smallville makes it seem like Lana is the be all and end all of his world! No wonder he hasn't become Superman yet.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You ever read a play, or seen a movie of the play (I understand there have been a few made) Romeo and Juliet? Well you see, the play Romeo and Juliet is all about Romeo and this girl called Rosalind, until it wasn't.

Men are pigs.

13. Admiral_Young

Unfortunately Smallville is no play nor it is it Romeo and Juliet althogh it seems like they are trying to push for that.

14. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Ask Ausiello

Question: I'm looking for a major Smallville scoop. --Corina

Ausiello: You found it: The iconic "S" symbol will be all over the show in season 9. Including on Clark's chest.

Question: I'll give you a dollar if you have any scoop on the rumor circulating that after Season 9 of Smallville there may be a spin-off called Metropolis. --Tan

Ausiello: My peeps at Warner Bros. are still insisting (that some drunk fan probably made that up) nothing like that is being discussed at the moment. Now for the awkward part: I'd like my dollar. I accept cash or Diners Club.

15. Admiral_Young

^ That would be cool...but why do I get the feeling that he'll still be the Red and Blue Blurr while having the S on his chest!

16. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

no reason the Read and Blue Blurr can not evolve into Superman.

17. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

But y'know for all the show's faults, we still continue to watch and hope... lol.

And honestly don't the producers ever look at fan sites and such and see how much the FANS who WATCH THE DAMN SHOW EVERY WEEK and bitch and moan about it for months on end... really really really really... did I mention really really really really want to see MORE of Chloe and Clark. I mean sure okay Lois is starting to get a bit more interesting, and while I have no problems with the two of them eventually hooking up after he becomes Superman and he becomes the great crusading reporter... c'mon give us MORE Chloe. You invent this great character played by this insanely cute and spunky little blonde and then you continue to persist in forcing LANA on us. When c'mon in the comics, she was the first one he told his secret to, besides his folks, and that was about it. Sure in the 60s and 70s in the Silver Age there was a love triangle of Lois and Lana but since Bryne revamped her in the 80s, she isn't his "one true love"... that honor goes to Lois.

And Lois Lane should have been, as they set up early early on, the pen name that Chloe used. Maybe have them be apart for a season or so, or "fast forward" them a year or so, Clark's become a world traveling reporter, Chloe/Lois has made a real name for herself and then he comes back as Superman and scoops her. LOL.

Nothing sexier... than a pissed off Chloe.

18. CorporalClegg

Well I'm all for more Chloe. But I think the Chlark relationship should stay dead.

Durance and Welling's chemistry is just too good to pass up.

19. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^I agree. Bring on the Chermiod relationship ASAP. :shifty:

20. CorporalClegg