next Star Trek movie delayed

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by davidl28, Aug 11, 2014.

1. davidl28

davidl28 Lieutenant Red Shirt

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. Amaris

Amaris Guest

^ Yep. The release date has been 2016 as far back as I can remember, when it comes to STXIII information. The OP's article is just way off base.

4. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Sending to Star Trek Movies

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know, when I saw the title of this thread, my immediate reaction was "why am I not surprised?" But thankfully, the article doesn't seem reliable in the slightest, since as others have already pointed out, 2015 was never being considered for release.

Mind you, I will not be surprised if the movie misses 2016. Bad Robot known procrastinators with their Trek movies (and Abrams himself has already delayed Star Wars by six months) and all the best spots in 2016 are filling up with other genres movies. Of course, missing the 2016 release and not taking advantage of the 50th anniversary would be Paramount dropping the ball in the worst way imaginable, but there we are.

6. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

Agreed.
    On the other hand, Paramount has a ton of other Trek stuff to rebadge and shovel out for the 50th Anniversary- Trek XIII being delayed might actually work in their favor. 2015 would be the year of old Trek, 2016 would have a fresh property release to have people spend money on once they have recovered from the glut of anniversary releases.

7. xavier

xavier Commander

If the movie misses its 2016 mark then the box office will plummet by 2017/2018.

2016 is even too late for me, I would have preffered 2015 but I know it cant happen because the mighty star wars is back.

8. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

It's amazing how many complete and utter editorials get posted as "news," any more.

They are working on a script. When it is done, Paramount will read it. Then, there's the green light. The 2015 release was never really possible.

All that said, I read on Rotten Tomatoes that "Superman versus Batman" has been moved to March 25, 2016, while "Captain America 3" is set for May 6, 2016, and "X-Men" will open May 27. So at this point, except for a lull in mid-April when the movie could be released, I wouldn't be surprised if ST03 is moved to a 2016 winter opening. Then again, there's an Avatar movie and SW spinoff movie already scheduled for December. The 2016 calendar is getting pretty full.

9. xavier

xavier Commander

late july and early august may be the best date for the film because by then all the big films like Xmen, batman and superman and captain america 3 would have been out for months.

10. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

The quotes are from when Orci was talking about whether or not he was directing 3. The rest is just bitching. It reads like a high school essay.

11. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Like always, the comments section is the best part.

12. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's going to be 2016 to tie in with the massive "50th Anniversary of the Star Trek franchise" marketing blitz I'm sure BOTH Paramount and CBS have planned.

13. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 or whenever. Unless I'm dead, a vegetable or homeless, I'll be there with money in hand to buy a ticket.

14. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ditto. Bring me another slice of Pine!

15. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

He wants to delay Episode VII by six months and push it into 2016 to allow more time for re-shoots and effects work (Abrams and Kennedy asked for a delay to May of '16 after they fired Arndt), but Disney has always been sticking to the December 2015 release date (because Bob Iger wants to get a nice fat bonus check before he steps down at the end of June and summer of '16 is fucking stacked with Captain America 3, Independence Day 2, X-Men Apocalypse and possibly Ghostbusters 3 given what I've been hearing about Sony just saying "fuck it" and running with Aykroyd and Hudson with brief cameos).

16. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I think that the writer of the Christian Post piece cited in the Inquisitr article needs to check his arithmetic:

Next year (2015) isn't the 50th anniversary, and I can't recall ever seeing anything involving Paramount expressing any such plans for a 2015 release.

As "disturbing news" goes, this falls pretty flat.

17. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Par for the course for these internet journos; Perry White was right in Superman: Earth One when he talked about these blogs/sites and the effect that they're having on journalism in general.

18. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I've moderately enjoyed the new films and would certainly go and see, then buy, a third one.

How upset would I be if they binned the series ? Not at all.

Especially if it led to a new TV show...

19. slappy

slappy Commodore Commodore

They took four years to make STID and it was still riddled with problems. Either Orci is a genius with a singular vision that will be amazing or he's a fan who's bitten off more than he can chew. I don't see any in between.

The way he melted down on Trek fans online was worrisome. This is high pressure and he's too emotional. I hope I'm wrong.

20. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Disney originally planned to release it May 2015, but Abrams eventually got them to agree to the move to December 2015.