New catalog entries - CLB, Ward, and DRGIII

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by DarkHorizon, Nov 4, 2012.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Well, I didn't day fall, I said decline. Some of which we're already seeing in Persistence of Memory. :techman:

2. BillJ

They're ignoring things from Indistinguishable from Magic, so I don't see a big deal in ignoring things from an Enterprise book. But I didn't say fall, I said decline. :techman:

Besides Star Trek: The Fall sounds far more dramatic than Star Trek: The Decline.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  3. shanejayell

shanejayell Captain Captain

'The Fall' of the Typhon Pact?

4. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Also a possibility. I mean, at this point, everyone's seen Breen forces opening fire on Kinshaya civilians in defiance of Kinshaya government orders, we readers have seen the Tzenkethi trying to manipulate their Romulan allies, the Romulan government knows that some Tzenkethi and Breen forces were coordinating with the rogue Tal Shiar faction that was undermining the Praetor... the seeds for a Pact breakup are there if the writers decide to go in that direction.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

These are three of my favorite Trek authors, so I'm definitely looking forward to these books. I'm very curious what "The Fall" is referring to. I agree that DRGIII's post on Facebook does make this sound like a multi-author (and series?) series.

6. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

Sounds interesting. I hope the DS9 novel is titled as such.

7. BillJ

I don't know but I think a decline of the Federation storyline would have a far more emotional hook for readers and tie-in to what we're experiencing around the world today...

I mean, the Federation nearly lost the war to the Dominion, lost sixty-three billion people and several worlds to the Borg, had the Andorians leave in a huff, have major skirmishes with the Typhon Pact, are close to being at a major tactical/technical disadvantage to them, Starfleet officers having the ability to close down entire planets on a whim and have cameras on every street corner profiling their own citizens.

I don't think the below really constitutes a story idea, but I'll spoiler code it just the same.

It seems like these book(s) could be more about an internal struggle for the soul of the Federation. The above could create an environment ripe for a 24th century McCarthy-ism and allow someone like a Satie or Leyton to become a prominent player in the future of the Federation.

8. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A little heads up: Dayton talks about From History’s Shadow on his blog.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I saw that on Facebook this morning. Sounds awesome!

10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

So soon? I imagine these things are dictated by sales figures/projections first and foremost, but I imagined the Typhon Pact hanging around a few years (both in-universe and IRL) yet.
    I figured if anything was going to bring them down, it'd be the destruction of Romulus, which could be the Chernobyl to the Typhon Pact's USSR.

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

And at this point there's no reason to assume they're going anywhere. Don't read too much into one poster's shot in the dark.

12. F. King Daniel

I know. Speculating can be fun, though.

13. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm rather bummed and irritated by the TOS-heavy first half of 2013, but hearing about DRGIII's The Fall DS9 entry makes me feel a little better. I pretty much only follow the 24th century novel series (well, and Vanguard, but that's finished now). I'm really curious about The Fall - how many books, how many different authors, what time period the series will span, etc.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm wonder if this will finally be the Ascendants story. Maybe the Ascendants will fall?

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Then wouldn't they be the Descendants instead?

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw: I honestly didn't even realize I had done that until I submitted the post.

17. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

"Never judge a book by its... title." ;)

18. F. King Daniel

^Possibly not-final title, at that!

Buuut.... what about Section 31? Hadn't they been brought down by the time of The Good That Men Do's future portions? Perhaps 'The Fall' is the finale of the Bashir/Sarina/S31 story.

19. BritishSeaPower

BritishSeaPower Captain Captain

So... this is 5 TOS Novels, 1 Ent and 1 DS9 Novel in 2013? Interesting. Excited for the DS9 book.

20. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm glad we're going to have more TOS novels coming out next year. There's been alot of alot of Typhon pact novels that were published the last few years.I think it's long overdue to have a variety of Tos books being published since the new Startrek movie comes out next year.I'm looking forward to getting them.Also the Ds9 and Enterprise novels.