"Castle" season 4 begins tonight

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Neroon, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

That's what I was thinking as well. It was a little too easy in terms of the way that they were rescued.

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I'm pretty sure we saw them begin to remove the chains after Castle popped the lock.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Oh, yes, certainly we did. That's the whole reason they broke the lock, so that they could empty the trunk and make it light enough to move under the hatch.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

It must've taken them a lot of time though to remove all of the chains...the hatch was completely filled with them. I don't know why I'm harping on this facet of the episode though. I thought the rest of it was greeeeaaaaat! ;)

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Again, I think you're saying "the hatch" when you mean "the trunk."

6. Admiral_Young

They themselves called it a hatch though...but yeah I guess you are right that it was a trunk.

7. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ What Castle called "the hatch" was the, er, hatch in the ceiling. Remember when they looked up and first saw it, he said "That is a hatch." Then they hoped to stand on the trunk to better reach the hatch.

8. Admiral_Young

Okay. I don't remember them calling the trunk a trunk but it's really a moot point now. It shall be now known as a trunk!!! We're getting away from the point I brought up above though...but I guess no one else really cared about that. Should be an interesting next episode when we return in Jan.

9. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

zap2it.com
    ABC has ordered a extra episode for this season. So we get 23 instead of 22.

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I was expecting them to order 24 like last season but still good signs for Castle's future.

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was pretty sure Kate and Castle were supposed to be Tigerfood at some point in the hillbillies plans.

12. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am just glad they did'nt kill the kitty.

13. Admiral_Young

"Castle" is back tonight with Ryan and Jenny's wedding!!! Will it go off without a hitch or will something bad happen? The hiatus is over! Woot.

14. ancientone51

ancientone51 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed it. Lots of fun between Castle and Becket. Lots of interplay with in the team.And lovely end.

The murder part as convoluted and actually fun...in a strange way. It worked and was not as transparent as it sometimes is.

15. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Quick summary:

- loved the humor in this one

- Alexis looked stunning in her dress (so much that i felt like a little perv.. i'm twice her age! ;))

- the wedding (even if it were only the last 3 minutes of the episode)

the bad:

- crime plot was so convoluted and had so many twists.. lost track of it

- disappointed overall on the possible Castle/Beckett possibilities with the wedding.. a wedding is a prime place for emotions, relationship talk etc and they tacked it on as the last scene and didn't show us them slow dancing (something that would explode fandom and Castle shippers)

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did they just give Pan Am a free product placing?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  17. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Only twice her age? I'm 54 and I freely ogle any hottie of child-bearing age or over. :D

18. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Yes, they did, yet it was subtle enough that it doesn't take you out of the story. Compare that to Hawaii Five-0 bringing in a character from NCIS: LA for no apparent reason, or characters on Bones extolling the virtues of high-tech features on the Toyotas they're driving.

19. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed.

It would have been great if there would have been a dancing scene of some sort at the reception.

Not looking forward to next week's episode though... hope that things don't turn completely sour between the two of them :(.

20. Admiral_Young

I thought this episode was pretty weak actually...mostly because of the convoluted plot as mentioned above. There were some funny moments as as always, Alexis did look great in that dress. Stana looked lovely as ever. I enjoyed what they did with the final shot of the episode, having Rick and Kate walk into the church arm in arm with the music playing...kind of a tease shot that I thought worked really well. I was kind of surprised by Rick's reaction to Kate's previous sex partners. Nathan kind of played that scene coyly but also as if it pseudo bothered him. Kind of glad we avoided the cliched wedding episode for the most part. Next week should be interesting. I still think they're going to bring Kate and Rick together at some point this season. We have Valentine's Day next month and Feb sweeps so we should keep our eyes on the show next month to see what happens.