Improvised Star Trek

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by CaptBaxter, Mar 17, 2011.

1. CaptBaxter

CaptBaxter Cadet Newbie

I am a comedian and improv actor, teacher, and writer in Chicago. I work primarily with the iO Theater (http://chicago.ioimprov.com/). Last year, a group of improvisers created an Improvised Star Trek show that ran for many months. You can check out our blog here (http://www.improvisedstartrek.com/) and soon we are going to be launching our "second season" as a podcast!

We are having a launch party at the theater on April 9th. I'll post more details when they are available. If you can't make it to the party, be sure to download our podcast. Thanks for your interest.

2. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

3. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sweet! I'm an improv actor in Calgary, Alberta, and have always loved improv with this sort of context. Last year I saw the excellent Toronto production of "Battleawesome Awesomestar", which draws a pretty obvious inspiration. Can't make it to Chicago, but I'll cheer from here!

Inceidentally, my group will be mounting a show this year at the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo which will pit Star Trek characters against Star Wars characters in what is essentailly an improv hockey game. Canadian geek chic at its best, eh?

Mark

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
    Mike McDevitt likes this.
  4. ensignlorem

ensignlorem Cadet Newbie

Battleawesome Awesomestar--that's hilarious.

I'm part of the Improvised Star Trek cast as well, and we are super stoked to be launching the new podcast! You'll be able to check it out even from the far reaches of Calgary!

5. jaksajak

jaksajak Lieutenant Red Shirt

hey CaptBaxter! I'll try to make it out to your opening, will stay tuned for details. I love trek, fan productions, and comedies, and am also located in chicago. we have our own animated trek comedy series as well. see you soon!

6. ensignlorem

ensignlorem Cadet Newbie

Hey everyone! The podcast launch party in Chicago was a total blast, but more importantly, there are now podcast episodes up and ready to be enjoyed by our fellow trek fans. It would be really great if you guys could give us a listen and let us know what you think! And if you're interested in giving us episode title suggestions, we'll be asking for some on Sunday afternoon via our Facebook page

Here's the podcast on iTunes

And check out the website as well!

7. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

8. ensignlorem

ensignlorem Cadet Newbie

Fantastic! Thank you.