Halo: Reach

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SPCTRE, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Out for delivery as of 8:56 a.m., an hour and a half ago. C'mon, the UPS location is five minutes away from my apartment! Let's go! :mad:

2. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Tell me about, I'll probably have to wait until Friday. Damn you, Royal Mail/Deutsche Post DHL, DAMN YOU TO HELL :scream:

3. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Started playing at quarter to 10 this morning, had a break for about an hour around 1ish, and ive just completed it at quarter to 5.

Great game, but bloody short.

EDIT: Make that 5 to 5. :p

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

On what difficulty setting? Heroic? Legendary?

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

So they'll probably show up to your place last on their way back to the warehouse.

6. Timby

You shut your foul mouth.

7. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Oh, only normal. So it was fairly easy, I just feel the spaces arent that expansive. Your only gonna get more time just with harder enemies, and while that kinda is how its "supposed" to be, I think its pretty cheap.

Same with the multiplayer maps. Except Forge World, EVERY SINGLE MAP is in the Campaign. With only very minor alterations too. That seems a lil cheap as well to me.

8. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

My copy just arrived a few minutes ago. I now have a decision to make: after lunch, do I play Reach... or do I actually watch my Middle Eastern Politics lecture? Choices, choices...

That was a conscious design decision. Bungie felt that doing so would tie multiplayer and single-player campaigns together, rather than having two entirely separate, disjointed experiences as had normally been the case in the past.

9. Timby

I just want Sidewinder back. :(

10. PsychoPere

Xbox Live Halo: Reach Poll Question of the Day:
    "How much time do you plan on missing from work/school to play Halo: Reach this week?"

1) None. After hours is all I can do.
    2) Shhh. I am sick... cough, cough.
    3) Halo is my job and I take n00bs to school.
    4) I might need a new job/school after this week.

Love it!

There's also a free invasion theme available; find it on the Spotlight channel. Installing the game to hdd right now so that it's all ready for me to play when I can get to it.

11. LightningStorm

LightningStorm The Borg King Commodore

Dear Amazon.com...

Fuck you!

---

This is what I wake up to this morning
    They're refunding my shipping charges... big damned deal, it was a whopping 99 cents! And that whole "shipping now" was also BS as I have still yet to receive a shipping notice. Fortunately a friend of mine is going to get his, so I'll be over there...

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Gaaaahhh! I just got home from work a few minutes ago, and my copy still isn't here. I must be like on one of the last parts of UPS' delivery route or something, because it's been marked as "out for delivery" since 8:40 AM. :scream:

13. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Godd God that game is wicked!!!1!

14. Timby

Important note: While Halo 3 was developed before installation to the hard drive was even rumored, much less an option, Halo: Reach benefits greatly from installation (to the tune of load times reduced by 15 - 30 seconds).

15. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I thought the load times (competed to Halo 3 and ODST) were great just playing from the disc. Especially in multiplayer, where it used to take up a minute for me to load a map, now it can load Forge world in about 20 seconds tops.

16. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Does the game still have that annoying bump mapping pop up effect that Halo 3 had?

17. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

^Not that i've noticed. Isnt the prettiest game in the world, but it is smooth.

18. PsychoPere

Spartans can't drive worth shit.

Note to self: Driving a forklift into a group of Covenant is not advisable.

19. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Whereas the entire covenant army is psychic and can predict your every move. The enemy AI is scarily impressive. I just wish friendlies were on par with Halo 1 AI....

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I got it about half an hour after my post, of course. :lol: It is glorious. I still prefer CoD's controls (heresy! :eek:), but I love the Halo universe, and Bungie's presentation is top notch, as always.