What Are You Wearing?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by thestrangequark, Sep 25, 2013.

1. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Love the look, especially the skirt. Pairing the industrial style of the skirt with the mesh looks great, and those boots are fabulous!

Here's me today, a black romper in a pinup style. I had to alter the hell out of this to make it fit -- but hey, it was marked down to $15 from $95! It was a size 8, and I had to bring the top half in to about a 4, I had to crop the legs because they were about 6 inches to long for me, and I had to shorten the straps a good couple inches too. I think I did a fairly good job, though, and it fits like a glove now. You can really tell it was altered by an amateur if you look inside: it's lined and it was way beyond my sewing skills to make alterations to the lining properly. Anyway, rocking the sandals again because it is an unheard of 83 degrees in October.

[​IMG]

I tried to get a picture of the back, because I'm proud of how well I managed to fit it, but it's blurry as hell:
    [​IMG]

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Every time I click on this thread I'm just sitting here in my underpants.

3. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Something different today: a black T-shirt with some New Zealand silver ferns, grey joggers with white piping, and a new bag.

4. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

This tends to be the tendency for me as well :/

5. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Haven't been anywhere today, so I'm hanging out in the same sundress as yesterday.

6. Leviathan

Leviathan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Atlantic ocean. It's more slimming.

7. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

The iguana approves.

What a nice, quirky dress!

8. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, here too. I hop straight into those as soon as I get home.

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Actually got out of my jammies today. Jumped into some khaki capris and a blue top, so I could make a quick run to the store.

10. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pics?

11. Xip

Xip Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I like that, and it fits very well, I wish I could do something like that! But i haven't even touched a sowing machine. Hihi, oh well, some day! I would probably add a little color to the outfit though, something bright, you probably don't need that with your shiney personality. ;)

Today I'm going casual: I'm wearing a beirge pair of skinny jeans with a red/blue/green/white checkered shirt and a blue pull over sweater. (Hilfiger) with that I'm wearing green/greyish sneakers by g-star and grey/white/bleu socks.

The shoes are over 10 years old, I bought them as a teenager and recently rediscovered them. Some things just never go out of fashion I guess.

I'll try to get a picture later again, although when I get home I have a busy shedule to keep to. Damn those nice coworkers who just decide to not to show up...

12. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Socks mum knitted, yellow suede work-boots, 501s, black canvas belt, a black T-shirt with the text: "No, I will not fix your computer." and a black hoodie... Yesterday was the day I decided it was time for socks, boots, the long pants and something more than a tee - - winter is coming, you know.

Haven't read the thread in its entirety yet, but am looking forward to the possibilities of both the learning and the spamming -all that's missing is the surprise inside :p

13. thestrangequark

:D

I figured my tattoos and pink nail polish added enough color!
    Sounds cute! Definitely post a picture. More people should post pictures -- I want to see your fabulousness!

14. Tora Ziyal

Okay, okay! Will do. :lol: But not today. I'm just wearing a variation of my going-to-the-gym uniform: loose t-shirt, leggings, and a pink Planet Fitness baseball cap because my hair is dirty. There is no fabulousness in sight.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Nope.

16. thestrangequark

I wore a great dress today but my blood sugar crashed while I was walking home so I was too grumpy and sweaty to take a picture when I got here.

Which reminds me of a diabetes and fashion related issue: I need to figure out other ways of wearing my insulin pump. I wear it in my bra, which is unnoticeable most of the time, but I'm only a B cup, so the pump sticks out more than my boobs and shows through if i wear a tight shirt. There are thigh garters for pumps that one can buy, I think I might give one of those a try; it'd work under skirts and dresses, and would still be accessible.

Anyone else have issues that sometimes hinder their fashion-related self-expression?

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ummm...I have a huge head and I have a hell of a time finding caps that fit.

You had me at "baseball cap". :angel:

18. Tora Ziyal

^ I hate to disappoint you, but the only thing "baseball" about it is the style. :( ;)

Oh yeah! Not right now, unless you count being overweight.

But for a year after my 2011 surgery, I had a wound vac that I wore in a cross-body bag. I had to wear clothes that allowed the tube to run from the vac to my lower back. Basically, I couldn't tuck a shirt in for a year. The strap caused my clothes to pill, so I mostly wore the same couple tops over and over and over. And I couldn't wear my beaded necklaces because I was afraid the strap would damage them.

And then for three months I had an infusion pump in a similar bag. Same issues as the vac, except this time it was a tube running to my arm.

I hope you're feeling better by now, thefashionablecorpse.

19. thestrangequark

^Aren't medical devices a joy? Seriously, though, it sounds like you're recovered enough to no longer need them, and that's awesome!

Vain as it may sound, one of my biggest anxieties about starting the pump was about how it would look with my clothes. The infusion site itself is almost unnoticeable: they make special infusion sets for people who are athletic that are really small, unobtrusive, can handle a ton of moving around, and have really short tubing; my tubing is about 1.5 feet, and I can loop it around the pump a couple times and run it to the infusion site on my hip in such a way that it's tight enough not to bulge or snag and loose enough not to tug. The pump itself is the real problem. If I had bigger boobs it'd make hiding it between them a lot easier! :lol:

20. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Have you tried belting tops and "blousing" them out a bit? A friend of ours uses the pump and she does that often. She also wears a lot of peplum tops, so she can wear the pump closer to her hip.