Best Horror Films of the Decade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Starbreaker, Oct 28, 2009.

1. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Antichrist was profoundly haunting, and deeply disturbing especially on a purely visceral level. I would not want to be Willem Dafoe in that movie. I don't know if I'd call it a "horror" film, though, but more of a psychological drama/thriller with some very grotesque moments. I honestly think it is a film that defies categorization.

Them, a French horror film, was also very haunting and creepy. It had a distinctive Children of the Corn-esque feeling and that simple image of hooded intruders was very unsettling, plus that echoing like choir of "Will you play with us?" sent shivers down my spine.

The Strangers, a similar concept, was also one of the more gradually suspenseful horror films of the past ten years. It reminded me of a lot of the 70's horror films like The Last House on the Left.

Zack Synder's Dawn of the Dead was one of the better remakes. Very effective.

28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later are both very unique and creepily tense.

The first Saw is great. The sequels are garbage.

Trick 'R Treat wasn't the Second Coming of Horror that a lot of people proclaimed it was and spasmed over but it had a brilliantly clever screenplay. Not a lot of scares so much as twists and turns. It was more of a fun, entertaining horror film like Creepshow.

2. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

To be honest, the remake of House On Haunted Hill was the last horror film I thought really good... Though I suspect it's just me having got bored with the genre.

3. rrrsports

rrrsports Ensign Red Shirt

Orphan. I would not put this as a horror movie myself more suspense, or thriller,but going to see this at the movies I thought it was promoted as a horror movie. It did not get good reviews ,but I really enjoyed it. :techman:

4. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

It doesn't make People Under The Stairs any less great. I think it's the best thing Craven has ever done.