Soundwave

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by roguephoenix, Sep 26, 2008.

1. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

since he will be part of the next movie, what music player should he be? can't really be a tape deck, can he? unless they do it just as a nod to the old show. either way, he has to be some sort of portable music playing device... i think.

cd player? that'll make his old "tape" transformer minions into discs? it's feasible. there was that one in the last movie that could change shape into practically anything, big or small. still seems a bit dated though.

an ipod? that'll mean no minions, unless they become the ipod's accessories.

a zune? i don't even know about this one.

or have they already released this info?

2. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

he shall be: A Waffle Iron

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

technically that is a portable music player.... >_<

5. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Soundwave will be revealed to have been on Earth for decades and be an old hand-cranked phonograph player that only plays "I don't want to set the world on fire!"

It'll be comical but chilling. And Kayne West will do a track on the movie album that will heavily sample the classic Ink Spots tune.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Soundwave transforms into the Rock Band 2 bundle.

7. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Soundwave as an... iPod? :wtf:

8. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

9. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They should leave him as is. I think it would be true 80's homage if they use a cassette deck. And I think fans would get a kick out of it. I will so boycott the film if Soundwave ends up transforming into a freakin' I-Pod.

10. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Shockwave is totally going to be an MP3 player and it will be whatever company ponies up the most money to the producers. It's how the cars all ended up Fords.

11. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

12. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

the cars are GM, moron.

13. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

Well, that was smart.

Warning for flaming.

14. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Autobots were GM, Barricade was the Ford.

15. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

Actually I believe in some incarnations that Soundwave was a sports car. Don't know which one but definitely two door hatch back sports car, which makes sense.

Bay won't do any of the mass shifting, so he'll have to be a sports car or as big as Frenzy...

16. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Eh Ford/GM, point is some company paid the producers to make them that way and ignore what their appearance was in the series.

Same way I think Soundwave will wind up an I-pod if Apple pays enough or a Sony style MP3 if Sony ponies up.

17. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^He'll probably be a Zune given there was a Xbox 360 Decepticon in the last one. :)

18. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

Hasbro insisted that Soundwave had to be something 'music related'. that's why Blackout is Blackout. he was originally Soundwave. likewise Frenzy was also Soundwave, but was re-named after it was decided they weren't doing Soundwave 'right'...

if you compare Blackout to Soundwave, it's easy to see the resemblance; he hacks the SOCCENT computers, has a minion he ejects and dispatches on a mission, he's clearly loyal to Megatron (ALL HAIL MEGATRON!) and he tries to back up his leader in the Mission City battle.

19. Bishbot

Bishbot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, I thought there was a resemblance. I'm glad he wasn't Soundwave though, what's the point in including him if he isn't going to talk in that wonderful voice of his?

20. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

That would probably rule out the Balkan MK6, which some people think it could be. We'll have to wait. It will be some sort of vehicle I think.