Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Picked up a 1939 Waterman "Hundred Year" fountain pen today. This is the good side, there's damage on the other side of the cap that's beyond my skills to repair, so I need to send it to a professional for restoration.

[​IMG]

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I finally got my copy of inFamous 2 yesterday.

3. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

I think I have one of those somewhere. I had no idea it was that old however.

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Hey, have you had the phone for a while now? I plan to buy a new phone soon, and the Wildfire S is on my short list. I just don't know if I'll be happy with it, or if I wanna get something like the HTC Desire S or Samsun Galaxy S.

So if there's anything about the phone you don't like, I'd love to hear about it. Do you browse the web on it btw? How is that?

5. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They only made this particular style of the Hundred Year, for a year. The design gradually evolved to be more normal looking. They are quite collectable, problem is finding them in good condition. Both Bexley and Waterman have put out pens in the last few years inspired by the original, but they are quite different so there is no confusing them for the original.

6. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've had it for a couple of days now and am very happy with it. It is comfortable in the pockets, the screen still manages to be big and sensitive enough to type and select links easily without making a mess. It's fast and highly customisable.
    I've been surfing the TrekBBS as well as other sites on it and it hasn't given me any problems. Of course you will use the "pinch-to-zoom" quite often in order to be able to read everything, but even then scrolling up and down and left and right on the pages is seamless. You also won't have problems with Flash, unlike more expensive pieces of iCrap... :shifty: :angel:
    It's very light, the picture quality is not Carl Zeiss level but it is more than good enough for everyday use. Besides, if you're big on photography chances are you already have a main digital camera and will only use this phone to take impromptu snaps here and there.
    If you have very big hands I'd suggest a bigger mobile though. If you want an Android I've heard very good things about the HTC Desire S, the HTC Sensation and the Google Nexus S. If you want to have a (sort of) futureproof cellphone you should aim at something like the Samsung Galaxy S2, but it may be more expensive than you planned.

Happy shopping! :D

7. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Thanks for all the extra info. Yeah I don't care about the picture quality because I already have a D-SLR. Flash actually works on the phone? I could have sworn I read somewhere online that it didn't. That's cool. )

Well I'm gonna go check it out at a store at some point, that way I'll know if it's big enough for me. I have an iPod Touch at the moment, and that's great for surfing the web, but of course it doesn't have 3G (only wifi) which sucks. I was looking at the iPhone, but that's a bit too expensive, especially considering I already have a Touch.

Again, thanks for all the info. :)

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Well, you know what they say about guys with big hands.

Big phones.

What?

Uhm, anyway, just ordered

• Dead Space (PS3),
    • Dead Space 2 L.E. (PS3, including Dead Space Extraction) and
    • Dead Space - Movie Doublepack (Blu-ray, includes both Dead Space Downfall and Dead Space Aftermath).

All from different Amazon marketplace sellers. And sure enough, the first game in the series, which funnily enough I intend to play first, will problably arrive last. :scream:

Oh well. Whatever the case, that's a whole fucking lot of Dead Space. Can't wait to dig in.

9. Niorah

^ Hey, that's a great avatar of Ferro! :techman:

BigFoot, whoever said the flash doesn't work probably had a faulty mobile. I just tried it and it is actually more powerful than the flash in my HTC Mozart.

10. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Alright, thanks for the info. The Wildfire S is definitely at the top of my short list at the moment. ;)

11. Niorah

^ Anytime! :)

12. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

I finally bought Iain Banks' The Wasp Factory. After having read all of his SciFi and the latest of his non-SciFi novels, I decided that I also need to read the rest of his non-SciFi.... Now starting at the beginning.

I also bought a stick to tie a string to one end of so I can play with a cat.

And a replacement for one of my Odo-glasses, which I destroyed in the microwave.

ETA: Oh yes, and a chess set!

[​IMG]

13. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Finally replaced my vinyl with a cd. One of the most amazing albums in history.

14. trekkiedane

A couple of plants for my window-boxes: Lavender and Basil.

15. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

picked up the Heroic Age Captain America (Bucky Cap) action figure.

16. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    German DVD of "Destroy All Monsters"

[​IMG][​IMG]
    English paperback editions from Penguin007.

17. trekkiedane

A boxed set of decorative tealight holders:

[​IMG]

18. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

After listening to Marvin Gaye all last week i was forced to BIN three movies: 9-1/2 Weeks, Angel Heart and Body Heat.

Damn you Marvin!

19. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

Ercole, an opera by Antonio Vivaldi, starring my favourite soprano, Vivica Genaux:

[​IMG]

Diana Damrau and Joyce DiDonato are both very good as well. I'm looking forward to listening to this.

20. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Good to hear you both sounding happy with them. I bought the original last year, and I love it. Although I got it for a totally different reason, it's turned out to be perfect to keep with me at the hospital, rehab and now my ex-husband's house. On the other hand, I will be so happy to get home to my iMac!

Most recent purchase: a pair of cropped pants and a top on sale at JJill.com.