What is your favorite Star Trek uniform?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by RyuRoots, Apr 25, 2009.

?

Which Starfleet uniform do you enjoy the most?

1. TOS TV Show Uniform

33 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. TOS: TMP Uniform

15 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. TOS Movies 2-6 Uniform

74 vote(s)
    24.9%
  4. Early TNG Uniform

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  5. TNG Season 3-7 Uniform

23 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Early DS9/Generations Uniform

16 vote(s)
    5.4%
  7. Late DS9/First Contact-Nemesis Uniform

107 vote(s)
    36.0%
  8. ST: Enterprise Uniform

27 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Galactic Alignment

Galactic Alignment Captain Captain

I liked 'em too. Shame about the messed up colour-coding though (a captain in a blue-grey uniform?!)

2. Quest_techie

Quest_techie Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

SERIOUS toss up between movies 2-6 and late ds9 and FC-nemesis.

but, I had to vote for the grey one, because I thought it would be the less popular of the two, I was surprised to see it is in the running.

3. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know it was trimmed in yellow, but Archer's uniform was blue. In that context, it seems like a natural progression.

4. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought the blue for command looked nice. Suited The Badass Captain Robau better too. I don't think he'd have looked quite as sharp in gold.

5. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe Robau is so badass he wears blue just because he wants to.

Wait, that should be in another thread!

6. Tom Riley

Tom Riley Commodore Commodore

Everyone keeps saying that none of the other uniforms have pockets... but in TNG episode "The Game" from season 5... wesley puts his hands into his pockets while walking down the corridor... I'm going to look for a screencap... It was a cadet uniform but I don't think that would make a difference. I don't know see why Starfleet would give a standard cadet uniform pockets but a standard duty uniform none...

7. Herkimer Jitty

All the seams are supposed to be hidden on the TNG-era uniforms anyways. It's part of the sleekness of design. I don't see why it can't have buttloads of pockets hiding away on it.

8. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

That was my favorite, and then they upgraded to the even darker look for ST: First Contact and that became my favorite uniform style.

:borg:

9. Tom Riley

Tom Riley Commodore Commodore

So I got the screen caps... here's the pockets

[​IMG]

But I also noticed that they are CARGO pockets...

[​IMG]

And the other uniforms definitely don't have those... So... apparently Starfleet WOULD give pockets to a cadet and not to an officer... :confused:

10. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

For me, it's the piping across the chest. It just looks ridiculous, IMO, and really screams 80s. It kind of reminds me of Futurama, how so many shirts are "futurized" by adding those funky details on the shoulder... it just makes the uniform look like a parody of what people thought the future would look like in the 80s.

11. Herkimer Jitty

Maybe Wesely's pockets were full of junk and thus visible, as opposed to the usual streamlined-to-uniform crispness?

12. TrekNut87

TrekNut87 Captain Captain

Nothing beats the original TV uniforms for TOS in my view, though the late DS9/FC/NEM uniform is a close second.

13. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Fair enough...I think those lines look cool, though. Certainly a lot better-looking than those way too high collars of the later seasons. Nice avatar, by the way. Toronto never should have changed that logo. Just looking at it fills me with happy feelings of nostalgia. It's so classic. :)

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

That's also how some people choose to justify the switch in command color from gold to red, via the TWOK uniform. So there's a sense of tradition there, albeit a suppositional one.

15. Herkimer Jitty

Yeah, the command color in TWOK-beyond was white anyways, so there's precedence in the changes. And TMP had a different color for command as well (on the delta and tabs) but I forget which one it was.

16. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm kind of amazed that this thread is still going, and with 194 votes now to boot. Wow. Particularly after seeing the cadet uniforms in "Valiant", and after some mention from a friend, I have to wonder if the latest canon Starfleet uniforms wouldn't be more functional if they had the same pockets and such as the cadet uniforms.

17. Herkimer Jitty

Well, the pants on the new uniforms seem to have pockets. Or at least should, as I hear they're off-the shelf (motorcycling pants, right?)

18. Trekarama

Trekarama Lieutenant Red Shirt

I always will have a soft spot for TOS uniforms. They are iconic. I also like TNG uniforms as well.

19. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought the Kelvin unis were smart as well. They had that 50s, sleek sci-fi movie look. In fact, I liked all the uniforms from the new Trek movie.

20. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

What about the Cage, Menagerie, and Where No Man Has Gone Before pilot version uniforms?