2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Tribble puncher, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On a related note, CultTVMan just had the Revell J.J.Prise available to order over the weekend. Their shipment sold out in 3 hours!

2. imranbecks

imranbecks Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've not seen anyone with the completed model yet other than the one we've already seen when it was announced... It sure is one great looking model...

3. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I ordered the Hot Wheels 4-pack from Entertainment Earth. Hasn't shipped yet. Anybody have any pics of the Excelsior?

4. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

I ordered the 4 pack from bbts, 60.00 incl. shipping, not bad for 4 ships...alot better than the amazon prices.

5. saddestmoon

saddestmoon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hey Peeps!

:) My USS Kelvin has shipped from BBTS (Yay!). Should be arriving in the next week or two.

Also - managed to score a USS Vengeance from an online trader (which should be arriving any day now - so excited!!!).

...and, managed to find a HW Enterprise (regular HW green card) at retail!!!

:D Very happy with all these HWs beauties - can't wait for the larger diecast starships to arrive... and I'm absolutely hoping that HWs have more Trek starships up their sleeve, in coming waves.

:)

6. Kevman7987

Here's what I'd like to see in upcoming waves:
    -Re-release of TOS Enterprise
    -Re-release of NX-01
    -STiD refit-Enterprise
    -With a few add-ons, the Excelsior re-released as Enterprise-B

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  7. Tommunist

Tommunist Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I missed out on the earlier Hot Wheels runs. But I wasn't "hot" on them anyways, since I like the Diamond Select size ships. That said, I am awaiting my shipment of the new case from Entertainment Earth. I really wanted the Kelvin and Vengeance!

I also plan on ordering the Eaglemoss subscription. The paint detailing looks great, and this is the only way I'm gonna get certain ships. I've always just been a "starfleet ship" guy, but some of the alien ships proposed might be cool!

Incidentally, Eaglemoss got permission from CBS to do "nuTrek" ships; looks like they will be "specials" in addition to the main line, perhaps subscription only.

Either way, it's a lot of money. And who knows if they'll reach their proposed 70 ship plan!

8. saddestmoon

^^^ I'd be up for all of those! :) A refit Enterprise would also be a nice variant.

Add to this, an Enterprise C, all the Trek XI federations ships seen (Armstrong, Mayflower, etc...) and the three-nacelled Excelsior (red starship, seen at Spacedock in STID) - and I would be a very happy collector!

:)

PS: My HW USS kelvin arrived yesterday!!! And it's a beautiful as I hoped it would be... :D

9. Kevman7987

Finally got my Hot Wheels ships in the mail. I purchased all four:
    - Kelvin
    - STiD Klingon BoP
    - Vengeance*
    - Excelsior*

*Because the ships are not scaled to each other, the Vengeance is shorter but fatter than the earlier (2009) Hot Wheels Enterprise.

*Excelsior is off too. Longer than the TMP Enterprise refit (as it should be) but skinnier.

Both are nice representations, but the sizing issues prevent me from being able to display them in diorama form with their opposites. But then again, I had no problem doing so anyway with my Micro Machines starships from the '90s.

I wonder if Hot Wheels will make more series of ships soon, or if these are the last until the next Trek movie? If these turn out to be the last miniature starships by Hot Wheels until Trek 13, at least I'll have the Eaglemoss miniatures to tide me over.

10. gerbil

gerbil Captain Captain

Get the Hot Wheels Imagination Series Enterprise. It's the perfect scale for the Vengeance.

11. Kevman7987

Good idea. I'll pick one up cheap if I can find it.

12. gerbil

gerbil Captain Captain

I'm not too ashamed to admit I did this.

[​IMG]

13. saddestmoon

^^^ Nothing at all to be ashamed of (in fact, it's inspirational!!!)

:) I received my HW USS Vengeance this morning - and it doesn't disappoint one iota!

It's now my favourite Trek villain starship - period.

It's one of the most 'star destroyer-esque' trek ships I've ever seen - simply put, it's a beautifully designed adversary ship!

:) Now I need to acquire the remaining two HWs in this line: USS Excelsior and the D-4 BOP!

14. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

I have been to Toys R Us, Walmart, K-Mart, Target, CVS, Ingles, Walgreens, Comic Book stores and even FYE and I can't find a single one of these new Star Trek Hotwheels toys.

15. Kevman7987

I can't find a single one where I live. I knew that would be the case so I pre-ordered them as soon as certain websites I frequent had them available for pre-order. But now I can't get doubles unless I use the secondary market.

16. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

Just go to Amazon, dude. I don't even bother with toy stores anymore.

17. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Because of the prices. The smaller Hotwheels Enterprise should go for about a buck, not $13.

18. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

Available for a ridiculous price being equivalent to "not available at all" in this case. OTOH, most of the time when prices jump like that it's because the manufacturer entirely stopped making them (like the TUC assault phaser from playmates which goes for about $200; I originally bought mine from toys-r-us for $15).

Still, I managed to get the Kelvin and the Bird of Prey for a good price, mainly because they're both still in production. As long as it's not rare or ancient, shopping online makes the most sense.

19. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

Unfortunately, the little $1 Enterprise is total scalper-bait, I don't expect to find one of those ever in the wild.

The bigger HW ships might end up in as part of the fall/holiday toy resets, but the 2009 version of the ST line ended up being somewhat of a shelfwarmer with all of the repaints, so I wouldn't be surprised if retailers (except maybe TRU) were to pass on it.

20. Kevman7987

Unless the next two series are re-releases of the important ships from the other 3, I don't think the stores would stock them. That's why I feel that this series they just released is probably going to be the only one released until Star Trek 13. I just don't see them bothering to do any more series of new molds only for online demand.

Ships I meant as important:
    - 2009 Enterprise
    - TOS Enterprise
    - TMP Enterprise
    - TNG Enterprise-D
    - ENT Enterprise NX-01
    - Reliant
    - Narada
    - Undamaged Enterprise-A

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013