30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by 1001001, Oct 3, 2012.

1. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Well, sadly (for me) one of my favorite sitcoms of all time is coming to an end after 7 seasons.

What will become of the adorable Liz Lemon? Will she end up having a baby with Cyclops? Will Jack take over Kabletown? Will Jenna's wedding, to a Jenna impersonator, be a by-the-book affair? Will we finally learn the truth behind Kenneth's age mystery? What will happen to Pete? To Frank? Will Lutz finally get the respect he deserves?

30 Rock is, IMHO, so incredibly clever and funny. Tina Fey is a national treasure, with her geeky Star Wars awkwardness. Alec Baldwin's Jack Donaghy is a right wing nightmare, so commanding.

So if you're a 30 Rock fan, pull up a chair, reminisce about your favorite episodes, and enjoy the last hurrah.

:beer:

First episode is Thursday, October 4th.

:techman:

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

30 Rock is my favorite current sit-com! It's officially the final season? I hadn't heard that! That sucks!

3. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm a fan but I feel like the show ran its course even before the prior season. Both Liz and Jack seem to be getting progressively stupider as the show goes on.

4. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

If it doesn't end with the reveal that the entire show was Kenneth doing a tour in the distant future or some such, I'll be very disappointed.

5. 1001001

Very early in the series, Jack said of Kenneth "We'll all end up working for him....or dead by his hand."

:lol:

I think Kenneth is a great character ("Science was my most favorite subject, especially the Old Testament.”), and I love all the hints they've dropped over the years.

6. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Oh yeah, he's grown into one of my favorite characters. I didn't care much for him at first until I started noticing all those little hints. And even though they're a little more blatant now, I still love keeping my eyes and ears open for them. I love those jokes that make you pause and think for a moment.

7. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a small way, it reminds me of the slow reveal about Dietrich on Barney Miller. Though, of course, they are two completely different types of characters.

8. 1001001

"WHO SAYS I'VE BEEN ALIVE FOREVER?!!?"

9. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I'm looking forward to the new season but I'm sad it's the last one. I only started watching it a few years ago and got caught in the space of a few weeks so it doesn't feel like it's been on that long to me.

10. 1001001

Well, we knew Jenna was going to be the Brdie from Hell, but that dove scene was even more than I expected! Poor Lutz...LOL. And her destroying Liz's apartment was pretty good too.

Meanwhile, Hazel is saving herself for "a Grade A Pork Machine"...but those are very expensive. I'm still not quite sure what to make of Hazel.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I never get tired of them ragging on NBC :lol:

You're trying to destroy the network?! This explains everything! How long has this been going on? Seven years? Eight?!

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAyjIUIJgjg[/YT]

"Then on Jay a full hour of Gary Sinise's band!"

13. 1001001

Personally, I can't wait to see Joe Rogan as Mandela.

I smell Emmy!

14. 1001001

It might just be my glaucoma medicine talking, but I thought the Governor Dunston episode was hilarious. Very crisp, great dialogue. I thought it was great, "like when BP heroically tried to lubricate the Gulf of Mexico."

Good to see Cooter back, that poor bastard.

Bryan Cranston was inspired as Kenneth's step dad Ron. And this was an excellent Jenna episode. "I just got an idea for a song: Rum-Soaked Tampon!"

Oh, and I almost forgot the scene in the office supply store. Classic.

15. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked last nights episode but I am starting to find Jenna annoying, even more than Tracy. Everything with Jack, Liz, and Criss was great though.

16. 1001001

They've upped Jenna's crazy quotient so far this season. Trashing Liz's apartment, for example.

I don't know, I like her crazy.

17. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

The Governor Dunston thing was a fun idea-- a nice wink at the Tina Fey/Sarah Palin phenomenon, and a good way of throwing a wrinkle into the "trash NBC" storyline-- but I thought the Dunston character himself was too random and too over-the-top to be particularly funny. Obviously 30 Rock is built to some extent on "too random and too over-the-top," but you can have too much of a good thing. Some of the Kenneth (and now Hazel) jokes have sometimes fallen into that trap, and Dunston did so as well. Overall a fine episode, though.

18. 1001001

I thought last night's episode was a little hit-and-miss.

Jack being "Pokemon'd" seemed off to me, not really in line with his character.

Liz finding her groove was kinda funny. She now knows 4 positions, one involving a chair!

19. 1001001

I like this latest one. I'm a sucker for the political humor. "Florida: America's Penis".

Okay, not that original, but try to unwindulax and enjoy it.

And it's good to see Jenna with a new hit single: Catching Crabs in Paradise.

20. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Spoilers for the series finale:

Liz Lemon is the last Cylon.