Saints Row IV gameplay "livestream"

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Rincewiend, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Jump to about 4 minutes in...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJWsP-OEAdY[/yt]

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

You can super jump and glide in this one?! Awesome!!! If you can scale buildings too, this will be just like Crackdown or Prototype!

3. Rincewiend

The game borrows a lot from The Matrix...
    Your character, the leader of the Saints who became the leader of the USA, gets put in a virtual simulation where he gets superpowers, thanks to Kinzi hacking the simulation...

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Just when I thought Saint's Row couldn't get anymore ridiculous and awesomely fun! First one was alright. Second one was great. Third one was tons of fun and absolutely amazing!

5. Rincewiend

What, you haven't seen any of the trailers yet?!?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzTpjBECnnI[/yt]

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I don't follow video games that closely until I see them at Target ;)

7. STR

STR Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've been playing SR4 for the last couple days. While it leans heavily on The Matrix, it also riffs on Mass Effect (going as far as aping the intro to ME3, complete with Keith David channeling Adm. Anderson) and Independence Day and has easter eggs from Star Trek, Firefly, Armageddon and Planet of the Apes.

It's also f'ing awesome. I LOVE the villain. I listen to the classical station in game because he DJs it. Though, so far, I haven't seen the cinematic set pieces that exemplified SR3 and the better parts of SR2.

You can leap to the top of most buildings, run up the side of them, or basically reverse repel yourself up.

8. Rincewiend

In Europe we wont get it till tomorrow...

9. Rincewiend

It fucking ROCKS!!!

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I just started playing it this morning and it's AWESOME!!! I love that you can run at super speed and super jump up buildings! The number one reason I love Crackdown is that freedom of movement, and here it is in a much larger game with more options and a fun story!

The story is a little out there, but this is a comedy series...

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I do have one complaint about SR4. When I give my female character my preferred costume of sneakers and nothing else, it constantly prompts me to start a streaking game over and over again... forcing me to give her panties. Not cool, game.

12. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ok, as of tonight I've completed every mission, every challenge, and every achievement except for the three co-ops ones. Now I'm bored. :p

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

This game is by far the most sheer fun in the series. Though the story is just so bizarre... I finally had a mission where I had to follow someone in a car with no powers and it was a stark reminder of how mundane and frustrating normal GTA style games are :lol:

14. Rincewiend

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Wow, 19 hours in and you're only 3/4 done? I've only been playing 8 hours!

16. Evil Twin

My stats screen on there is totally borked. Even though I've completed everything, the wheels only show 27%, 6%, 3%, 0%, 3%, 0%. Uhh....

17. Rincewiend

It does update for me...

[​IMG]

It says i only have 1 loyalty mission left and i have 3 homies who still aren't super, but i already know i will get 2 of them super after the next regulair mission...
    But the game decided to hang just halfway through that mission, bleh, try later...

18. Evil Twin

Ok, I figured out what the problem was. Yesterday I made a hard save of my 100% playthrough, then started a new game and rushed through the main storyline so I could grab that damned achievement I missed the first time through for going through the red door on the Matt Miller mission. The stats screen was pulling info from that autosave rather than my hard save.

My first time through I was thinking the two doors would end up being another case of where you had to do it both ways to get the achievement, like how you had to do two playthroughs for keeping / blowing up the Syndicate headquarters in SR3 to get the two separate achievements. I really hate how SR3&4 don't let you rewatch cutscenes and replay storyline missions like you could in SR2.

19. Rincewiend

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C0PDLFHu9o[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53MUqpRnERE[/yt]

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

In the latest example of me missing some obvious button pushing resulting in me dying 20 times in a row and screaming and cursing at the game before shutting it off...

On the final mission of hte game when you're free-falling through the shaft... my character smashes into the wall every goddamn time. I try moving him around with the joystick but I never get far enough away from the goddamn wall. I've done this 20 times now. I watched the video walkthrough and they're able to loop around through the shaft but I can barely move away from the wall. I unplugged the battery on my controller to make sure my allignment was right, and it still happened. WTF?!?!?!