IQ Scores.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by TedShatner10, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

My two IQ tests were done when a) applying to go into the airforce and b) as part of broad overview of my capabilities when I needed retraining.

2. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I wasn't specifically referring to your tests.

3. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Since most people who ever lived are dead, everyone living being among the top 1% is nothing but a given, particularly when most dead folks didn't have much of an education to begin with. And even those who did.. It's a bit scary to think that many of today's teenagers know more than Galileo ever did. How we ever survived?

Oh, the IQ score is averaged for living people? That's a serious flaw. Why can't we all be geniuses? Can't we average it among apes or something? Mammals even, cause some folks won't make it otherwise.

4. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

No you weren't. However of all the people whom gave their IQs in this thread more mentioned that they had been given an official test rather than only taken an online test.

5. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't think there's a real need for IQ testing. If you're looking for higher intelligence, all you have to do is look around and eliminate everyone who crosses the street while texting with earbuds in.

6. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination

it's the same thing every time there's an I.Q. thread. Everyone's scores are between 120-150:lol:

even if you assume that this board is not an average sampling(which is doubtful) that's still absurd.

7. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

From which information we deduce that your neighbour's name is not Schroedinger.
    :D

8. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Last time I took an IQ test, my score was whatever the highest score in this thread is at any point in time plus one, using the Barker/Carey Price-is-Right methodology. It was an official test too, not one of those fake online tests.

9. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

^ That's ok, because mine was plus two! :lol:

10. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Everybody's online tests netting them an IQ of 150+ reminds me of people taking Myers-Briggs type indicator tests. Even though INTJs are supposed to be 5% of the population (and the smartest in terms of raw intelligence), they nevertheless seem to make up at least 50% of all Internet forum posters... [​IMG]

11. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

The online test took one look at me and said "We don't do negative numbers. Fuck off."

12. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

My Myers-Briggs indicator test told me I was a Virgo, my lucky number was 9 and that the Star Wars character I was most like was Princess Leia. :shrug:

13. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

Myers-Briggs descriptions sound sorta like astrology style "readings".

14. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know what's caused this don't you. The internet. It's the effect of years of staring at photos of cats. I've had 16 years of staring at cats on the internet now and I have probably stared at 25,000 cats. Conservatively. Prior to the internet if I wanted to look at cats I had to get a book out of the library or look under parked cars. It's rewiring all our brains, making us do better and better on internet IQ tests. It's improving us.

15. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Although entertaining, I have come to learn that the Myers-Briggs stuff is a moneymaking scam without any real empirical basis.

16. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The last I.Q. test I took a number of years back gave me a final score of 150, but I don't put a tremendous amount of stock in either I.Q. or SAT scores for all sorts of reasons.

I'm sure being a member of the Trek BBS and posting in TNZ for all these years have in all likelihood cumulatively shaven at least twenty points off that score along with about ten to fifteen years of my life expectancy, but who's counting....

17. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have an IQ of a 100.

Which means there is a high chance I can answer a hundred Intelligent Questions correctly, one after the other...

18. Dart

Dart Commodore Commodore

I never did an IQ test. Actually I'd say my whole country doesn't bother with them.

19. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

would be difficult anyway if you have only sheep and potatoes as competitors :p

I'm sorry, Dart. No offense meant. I just couldn't resist turning your lovely pass into a goal. I, too, was born in an area where only potatoes grow and where we love a good lamb stew (though ours is with caraway, not with peppermint). The only real difference is that we turn our barley into beer while you make whiskey :)

20. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

My family comes from Ireland and I find it very easy to believe that they don't bother with IQ tests. :D