Federation BOP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Starship, May 27, 2013.

1. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

Here we go...

First, the TOS sketch:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

Now, the TMP version:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

4. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

This looks very similar to a ship I've been working on, over at DeviantArt (esp. the TOS version): Ikran-class

;)

5. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  6. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

Ptrope, for a moment a read I'Khan :rommie: It´s an interesting ship. Goa head bro! ;)

Mysterion, The Khai Tam was unknown to me until your post. But I think that my version has more stylle. :D

7. Mysterion

8. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

Oh yeah... The Peregrine is in my to do list since a long time. In fact, I have an unfinished version stored somewhere, in one of my dvd´s.... It makes me remember I need to finish her too. :)

9. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, if we're going to talk about the Peregrine, we minus well also talk about her direct descendent, the Sparrow class:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40445677@N06/8186253720/sizes/h/in/photostream/
    And her more heavily armed variant, the Falken class:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40445677@N06/8281156009/sizes/l/in/photostream/
    I have been working on a set of schematics in Adobe Illustrator, but it has been slow coming.
    I plan on printing what I have done thus far, sketching further details on the prints, scanning that again (as I have been tracing over an initial set of sketches), and then tracing over the new details. The reason I have been procrastinating is because I will have to match those new scans with the old scans and the vector art already there, in size and position. It will probably take a couple of days to complete the process, but hopefully when all of the steps are done, I'll have made enough progress that I feel will be worth posting.
    I also plan on making a Recon Frigate variant that I've named the Owl sub-class, and an Assault Frigate that I've named the Salamander sub-class, though I figure I need to get the base class done first.

10. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Not Federation, but about 13 years ago, I built a TMP era Romulan BOP out of an Ent-E kit.

[​IMG]

11. Mysterion

^^^
    Now that's a spiffy piece of artwork, Sir.

12. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

13. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks! Very glad you think so.:)

You'll probably be seeing more of the Sparrow soon (assuming I don't procrastinate), as I've already printed out a basic 5 angle profile I did in Illustrator, and have begun sketching details onto those prints (I feel more comfortable sketching out details in pencil than trying to do them in Illustrator. I also feel I get things done faster this way).
    Once those are done and scanned, maybe I'll post those before beginning to vector trace over the sketched details.

14. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

Holly necro batman! :D
    I was playing with sketchup again, and fleshed out the basics of a klingon cruiser:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Nice design, but the Sketchup artist in me is twitching at that color blue. It makes me want to reverse face on all your surfaces.

16. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain